Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2008, 08:35 AM

4 posts, read 7,163 times

Advertisements

This week has been absolutly brutal with traffic. Other than School, does anyone know why? I usually take the road at the intersection where the food lion is on 160 (Springfield Parkway). I take that on up to 21 then Carowinds blvd then to 77N where the traffic gridlocks at Arrowood. If that is not an option I take 160 to 77N to tyvola. Both ways this morning were PACKED!!!! I had to turn around and try another way.

Is there any other back ways that lead towards uptown or tyvola? It has taken me over an hour these past days when it normally takes me 20 minutes. This is around the 8:00 time frame btw.

Last edited by NateD; 08-28-2008 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 09:15 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,564,768 times
I don't know how the traffic is but have you considered going up 49 [South Tryon]? I think it is probably pretty bad too though because you have all the Lake Wylie traffic. That way you would at least avoid that gridlock at Arrowood.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:20 AM

4 posts, read 7,163 times
Yes I have used 49. It is just as bad since there is lake traffic from steele creek and beyond. I am studying a map as we speak!

Old 08-28-2008, 10:55 AM

14 posts, read 33,932 times
You can try taking 49 as suggested. There's also South Blvd that will connect up to Tyvola. Other than those 2 and 77, the rest would be weaving through different roads and that would be just as bad. The other choice is if you have flexibility is changing the time you drive in.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:16 AM

149 posts, read 581,994 times
I have tried every way imaginable to find the best route and 77N is the lesser of all evils. At least if there is and accident, you have 4 lanes to work with, where 49 and the others are either 2 or 1. Its very frustrating during the school year, there is just more traffic on the road, not to mention you have school buses stopping. I found I just have to be patient and hope that there aren't any major accidents.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:55 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,548,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateD View Post
This week has been absolutly brutal with traffic. Other than School, does anyone know why? I usually take the road at the intersection where the food lion is on 160 (Springfield Parkway). I take that on up to 21 then Carowinds blvd then to 77N where the traffic gridlocks at Arrowood. If that is not an option I take 160 to 77N to tyvola. Both ways this morning were PACKED!!!! I had to turn around and try another way.

Is there any other back ways that lead towards uptown or tyvola? It has taken me over an hour these past days when it normally takes me 20 minutes. This is around the 8:00 time frame btw.

I used to work in South Park area (off Tyvola er....Fairview as the road name changes oh about 4 times throughout Charlotte), and got on 77 North at Gold Hill Rd.

It never even with a wreck ever took me more than 1/2 hour between 7 and 7:30 am. I did talk to several co-workers at that building in South Park and also asked for a different route. 49 took me way longer. However taking 77 N to Arrowood then to South Blvd to get to Tyvola, was a pretty good option. You miss all that back up on 77 North where 485 traffic is trying to merge 4 lanes over to one lane onto 77 (geez do the engineers here actually have degrees? that one is for the books what a friggin mess). However even doing that, I really saved no time. I think if there was a shorter faster route, it would have been figured out long ago.

Thankfully my employer moved to the Arrowood area and seriously getting on 77 N on Gold Hill Road, to the Arrowood industrial park area, has never ever taken me over 20 minutes...I don't understand your 1 hour commute at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties