Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 11:53 AM

51 posts, read 79,548 times

Advertisements

Which area(s) of Rock Hill are the best places to live? For example, in Columbia SC, one of the nicest areas is near Lake Murray. What would be the area(s) there? Thanks for the suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 09:26 PM

259 posts, read 797,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT49 View Post
Which area(s) of Rock Hill are the best places to live? For example, in Columbia SC, one of the nicest areas is near Lake Murray. What would be the area(s) there? Thanks for the suggestions!
Well, it depends on what you are looking for. But I can suggest the following:

1. The fairly new developments that are on the southern border of Lake Wylie.

2. Meadow Lakes II - fairly new homes in the middle of Rock Hill

3. Laurel Creek (?) - bigger lots, newer homes, some smaller villas also

4. Timber something... acre lots, new homes, in the country a bit... south east of town

5. Some older big homes near Winthrop University

What is the criteria for best places? Near the interstate, new, old, near shopping, rural, etc.

Hope this helps... I am sure there are lots of other places too.

Old 03-03-2013, 02:28 AM

Hi Movingdown, thanks for the info...I'll look these places up. I'm mostly looking for newer homes, but something big with a mother-in-law suite. Also something in a very safe area of town. I live in Columbia now, but thinking of moving to Rockhill because it's in the middle of Charlotte and Columbia...well, more towards Charlotte I guess. Thanks again!

Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 AM

259 posts, read 797,793 times
Hi!

I am including a link to a house in Timber Crossing to give you an idea about that area. I couldn't remember the neighborhood name last night. It has a guest room and full bath on the main level in addition to the master. That neighborhood is more rural.

4061 Timber Crossing Dr, Rock Hill SC 29730 (Timber Crossing Subdivision) MLS # 2113481 - Allen Tate Real Estate

The good way to check real estate in this area is through allentate.com. It allows you to put the neighborhood name in a search and brings up all for sale in it.

We are in a neighborhood which still has empty lots for sale called Seven Oaks which is less than 5 minutes from Interstate 77 at exit 79. It is very convenient to Columbia and Charlotte. The homes in here are on smaller lots so tend to be smaller. But it is a custom home community so there is flexibility and some of the homes are big. I am not sure if Laurel Creek is built out yet but they have some big homes in there. I think Meadow Lakes II has a few lots for sale and also has large homes.

Let me know if I can help you more. I spent 1.5 years planning our move, finding a rental, locating a neighborhood and then having our home built. I think I learned a lot during all of that and am willing to share!!

Old 03-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this for me. I'll take a look at these too. I appreciate the offer of helping.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:13 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,054 times
Do you have an approximate price range you're looking for? Will you be commuting to Charlotte, or Columbia, or?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT49 View Post
Hi Movingdown, thanks for the info...I'll look these places up. I'm mostly looking for newer homes, but something big with a mother-in-law suite. Also something in a very safe area of town. I live in Columbia now, but thinking of moving to Rockhill because it's in the middle of Charlotte and Columbia...well, more towards Charlotte I guess. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties