Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 06:51 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times

Advertisements

Hey, folks;

I wanted to shine some light on a cool art gallery in Lancaster called Gallery 102. It's on Williams Street near Main Street and run by Kevin Lily. I went in for the first time last Saturday and could not help to feel motivated to get creative. All kinds of neat stuff in there by a lot of area artists. One artist does what I call "floor art," artwork on mats that are meant to be on the floor and can be walked on. Another artist painted a chair that you can sit on. My favorite pieces of art was by a lady -- I'm trying to find her name; I knew I should have wrote it down -- was had a few pieces inside window panes. Painted inside was neat, relaxing scenes, so if you put it on your wall, it's like looking outside your window. I'm trying to figure out how to do that with one of my photographs.

When we went, we bought a candle made by a local artist for my sister in the shape and scent of a cherry pie as well as a neat necklace for my daughter. Look it up on Facebook. Searching for Gallery 102 brings up two links for me and one of them is in Lancaster.

Full disclosure. I have a few prints on order that I plan on putting in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:21 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,973 times
Default More Art Galleries in Lancaster, SC

I am glad you brought this up Joe as I have been meaning to add a couple of places we ventured into during the Lancaster County Art & Ag Tour.

Located right on Main St in Lancaster is Chastain's Studio Lofts. This place is really nice, unpretentious, and everyone is very welcoming. They have several artists that create and show their work here, they also offer adult and kid art classes, and on certain nights of the week they have live entertainment. They are a place of business that really gives back to the community and others with various fundraisers throughout the year (this is something the owner if very proud of). Stop in sometime I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Chastain's Studio Lofts

Then just off of Main St. in downtown Lancaster is Bob Doster's Backstreet Studio. I was familiar with Mr. Doster's artwork as he does a lot with our local schools (sharing his time and creativity with the kids). His studio is best described as funky and fun, not stuffy at all, and just a great combination of fellow artists expressing themselves (it's like NODA meets Lancaster, SC).

Bob Doster

Old 07-07-2013, 08:11 AM

It's good to see my hometown getting into the arts more. As a college student in the early 90s, I knew there were a lot of artists out there (mostly writers and painters, or so I thought) and now 20 years later, it's very cool to see it coming too the forefront a little more.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Full disclosure. I have a few prints on order that I plan on putting in.
I have four photographs at Gallery 102 now, two of which were taken right in Lancaster. More information here --

Photographer Joe Hinson Selling Prints In Hometown Gallery

Old 09-24-2013, 07:14 PM

Joe the Photog @ Gallery 102 by Joseph C. Hinson Photography, on Flickr

Gallery 102 by Joseph C. Hinson Photography, on Flickr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties