Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 03:37 PM

19 posts, read 74,693 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My wife and I are moving to the Fort Mill area (next week!). My wife called Time Warner to setup cable and internet, and they told her that as of last week, they are charging $20 per outlet and a $25 installation fee. Has anyone else encountered these fees? We have moved a lot over the years, and this is the first time that we are paying for a cable installation. Does anyone have any advice for getting around these fees? From reading the forums, it seems that most people are not as happy with Comporium. I looked on Verizon's website, but I can't get FIOS in Indian Land. What can I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 05:50 AM

33 posts, read 88,183 times
We just moved into a house in Indian Land last month and Time Warner was at the house yesterday to set up cable and internet. The only charge I incurred was the $62 for the first month. I have 8 cable outlets in the house and I tested 4 and all work fine. Not sure why they want to charge you so much unless maybe the house has no Time Warner equipment (mine already had a box on the exterior wall). Good Luck!

Old 09-18-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 11,827 times
Default Fees

I just moved into an appartment in North Carolina and Time Warner Cable has just told me the same thing about the additional charges for each outlet. I can not believe this stuff. I know that once cable enters the house they can not charge any additional charges to watch the cable on from other outlets, but to charge to hook them up is down right criminal especially with the economy the way it is people are trying to cut down costs and cable rates are already to high. Now they want to charge some fee to hook up other outlets is completely wrong in my book.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM

19 posts, read 74,693 times
Default Hookup Fees

I was looking into DirecTv as an option, but I have not called yet to price it or see if it's available in Indian Land. The woman on the phone told my wife that they are charging these installation fees because of the bad economy. Thanks a lot Time Warner! I'll post here if I have any luck with DirecTv once I speak with them.

Old 01-28-2015, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,612 times
Do you have to pay those installation fees separate or on your first bill??

Old 01-29-2015, 04:01 PM
H22

42 posts, read 101,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper34 View Post
I was looking into DirecTv as an option, but I have not called yet to price it or see if it's available in Indian Land. The woman on the phone told my wife that they are charging these installation fees because of the bad economy. Thanks a lot Time Warner! I'll post here if I have any luck with DirecTv once I speak with them.
As you would have a satellite dish with DirecTV it is available everywhere (unless the signal from the satellites to your dish is blocked by trees or other obstructions).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties