Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM

704 posts, read 2,070,165 times

Advertisements

I'm in the process of selling a house and looking to buy a house. My lender gave me a list of buyers fees and she said some may apply and some may not. Then my selling agent said maybe $200 on the sell side.
I tried other forums but maybe someone in York County has bought/sold recently and can give me a list of what legal fees are involved for a closing, both the buy side and the sell side.
I went to a lawyer and was told that usually the buyer hires the lawyer.
That really did not give me a list of legal fees.
Here are some I know and who usually pays them. Can anyone expand on my list?

1. deed filing fee $10 (the buyer usually pays)
2. deed stamps $3.70 per $1000 of sale price, the seller usually pays
3. title insurance $2.50 per $1000 and the buyer's lawyer handles these for the title insurance company and gets a part of the total as his fee.
4. deed recording usually done by the buyer. Is this the same as #1?
5. title search (buyer cost I guess)
6. deed preparation
7. $30 courier fee
8. there was another $30 fee mentioned by the lawyer's office I visited, forgot what it is for.
I was only able to get a few of the possible legal fees or things that need to be handled by a lawyer.
9. any others?

my selling agent only gave me this as a guide.
SELLER'S LEGAL FEES (DEED PREP OR OTHER) $200
what legal fees? someone said the deed preparation was a buyer cost.
I'm therefore not clear on an entire list of legal fees and who is expected to pay them, buyer or seller.
Can you help me out?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties