Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 44,867 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering Baxter Village as we love Saussy Burbank homes and neighborhoods. We currently live in Monteith Park in Huntersville NC but my work is relocating to Carowinds Blvd and while relocating isn't necessary we are in a great place financially with equity in our current home bought in 2011 so the move makes sense.

I am looking to get closer to work and also take advantage of the better school systems for our son which is not even 2 yet but this will be our last move for a while.

Since Baxter is a huge neighborhood, what are some streets to avoid and some of the more popular streets to keep our eye on for resales? Currently we live in front of a larger "pocket park" but I know they aren't as abundant in Baxter. We would also prefer to only have a house either in front of us or behind us, not on all 4 sides unless we fall in love with a certain house/price.

Thank you and I hope to get a little help from residents since this kind of info is pretty much not available anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 05:10 AM

850 posts, read 2,651,202 times
There are plenty of pocket parks in the neighborhood. I would suggest driving around and finding the section that you like the most. The older area, around the community center has homes that were built in the early 2000's, "the historic district." This area has more of an established feel with large trees and landscaping. This area is also closer to the original pool, Allison Park, town center, YMCA, orchard park etc...
The newer sections of Baxter, developed 2008/2009-2014 mostly located around the Village Hall, new "mushroom pool," feature a few less pocket parks than the historic district, but the homes are a few years "newer.."
Prices tend to be anywhere between $300-$500 plus, depending on location, square footage etc. if you want a larger home with 1 acre plus, we have the river district area, homes there list for $600 to $million.
Again, I would suggest that you drive around and find the part of the neighborhood that you like the most, we have a lot of offer.
A good reference point would be:

Advanced Real Estate Search - Allen Tate Real Estate

Old 01-08-2016, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
There are plenty of pocket parks in the neighborhood. I would suggest driving around and finding the section that you like the most. The older area, around the community center has homes that were built in the early 2000's, "the historic district." This area has more of an established feel with large trees and landscaping. This area is also closer to the original pool, Allison Park, town center, YMCA, orchard park etc...
The newer sections of Baxter, developed 2008/2009-2014 mostly located around the Village Hall, new "mushroom pool," feature a few less pocket parks than the historic district, but the homes are a few years "newer.."
Prices tend to be anywhere between $300-$500 plus, depending on location, square footage etc. if you want a larger home with 1 acre plus, we have the river district area, homes there list for $600 to $million.
Again, I would suggest that you drive around and find the part of the neighborhood that you like the most, we have a lot of offer.
A good reference point would be:

Advanced Real Estate Search - Allen Tate Real Estate
Oh we have been online searching for months but we know Feb/March homes start popping up a lot more vs late in the year. Lower 400's is our max but we also only need 4BR and coming from a .13 acre lot anything larger than that is good with us. There are some large wooded lots available now, actually surprised me at some of the lot sizes in Baxter for the Saussy homes. We will be there this weekend and probably next weekend getting a better feel of some of the newer neighborhoods but we looked in Baxter back in 2011 before buying our current home but I know a lot has changed since then. Thanks!

Old 01-08-2016, 05:37 AM

You should be able to find a home backing to woods in your budget, good luck!
I would not limit to just Saussy homes, unless you are set on them specifically. Evans, Miller, Weekly and Saussy were building all at the same time in Baxter and they mostly used the same sub contractors and materials. Each builder had different floor plans and options but the bones of the homes are almost the same between each builder.
Again, just wanted to give you as much info as I could. We moved here in 06 and have seen the community really grow over the years.

Again, good luck in your search.

Old 01-08-2016, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marndt View Post
You should be able to find a home backing to woods in your budget, good luck!
I would not limit to just Saussy homes, unless you are set on them specifically. Evans, Miller, Weekly and Saussy were building all at the same time in Baxter and they mostly used the same sub contractors and materials. Each builder had different floor plans and options but the bones of the homes are almost the same between each builder.
Again, just wanted to give you as much info as I could. We moved here in 06 and have seen the community really grow over the years.

Again, good luck in your search.
I really appreciate it, we love the style of the majority of the homes so we aren't limited to just Saussy homes but more so the style and build quality. Standard Pacific, Saussy, Weekly, EM and a few other builders are what we are most interested in.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 AM

547 posts, read 774,473 times
There are a lot of Saussy Burbank homes in the Lake Shore community in Tega Cay. Their 4bdr 3ba homes on.25 acre sell for about 350k.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Father View Post
There are a lot of Saussy Burbank homes in the Lake Shore community in Tega Cay. Their 4bdr 3ba homes on.25 acre sell for about 350k.
We have been stalking that subdivision as well. Also going to look at Brayden, Lennar homes in Springfield, Lake Ridge and a couple others. We just love the craftsman/charleston style of homes.

Old 01-11-2016, 09:54 AM

135 posts, read 195,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrength View Post
Since Baxter is a huge neighborhood, what are some streets to avoid and some of the more popular streets to keep our eye on for resales? Currently we live in front of a larger "pocket park" but I know they aren't as abundant in Baxter. We would also prefer to only have a house either in front of us or behind us, not on all 4 sides unless we fall in love with a certain house/price.

Thank you and I hope to get a little help from residents since this kind of info is pretty much not available anywhere else.
I've attached a copy of the master plan - which may be helpful. Unfortunately it doesn't list the streets, & Google makes it tough to see where with just the satellite image, but with this and Google you should be able to pinpoint some streets that work for you. Message me and I can send it direct along with a Trail Map and some opinions about the clusters that are more fun and social, and the ones that are more quiet and peaceful if you like.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:08 PM

27 posts, read 46,143 times
We are currently looking in that area, too- although we want a smaller house. My only concern is the privacy- we are a bit older- I will be working in Pineville at the hospital, so when I get home, I want to be really happy to be there.
I hate to ask, but can any one comment on the building? Quality? Overall, are you happy there?

Also as a runner, are there good trails

Old 04-23-2016, 03:15 PM

The trails are awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties