Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 03:29 PM

5 posts, read 14,329 times

Advertisements

Hey I’m building in Baxter Village with Saussy Burbank and I’ve road the neighborhood 100 times and ive looked at everything around and Baxter Village was my best fit I Love the Neighborhood and I Really liked Saussy Burbank and they were the cheapest builder in Baxter Village and they had the best floor plans, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who would have any comments on Saussy Burbank I know I’m doing this a little late seeing how I have a house being built right now and im under contact but Baxter Village was the neighborhood for me, so I’m really hoping that everything I hear back is good but I would like to hear everyone’s comments on Saussy Burbank
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2011, 06:14 PM

850 posts, read 2,651,415 times
We love the neighborhood. Built our first house in 06. We went with a different builder because SB did not offer what we needed.good luck!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:48 AM

146 posts, read 572,582 times
we are approaching out 7 year anniversary with our saussy house. we bought an inventory house under construction (walls were not even up.) i would highly recommend having an independent inspection, around $200-250. we did and glad we did... they had not properly shimmed the house underneath. my only 2 complaints are i don't think the master bathroom is properly ventilated as we have a mildew problem which now leads us to replacing our tile in there. i would say not to pay the upgrade for tile and do what you want later. many of my neighbors did, they're having the same problem and we are having to replace it as well. same people install and same materials are used, regardless of grade of tile. my fear is that when we rip this out, what other damage am i going to see... i don't recall seeing a different drywall used in the bathroom. it's supposed to be different because of moisture. we'll see... secondly, the amount of nail pops is atrocious. i don't know if that has anything to do with the time of year and humidity and all.... but we built a much smaller house the first time around and didn't have any nail pops... and they did use screws to the drywall not nails.

overall, the experience was great and the end product... we enjoy daily. we had ours inspected once before drywall and again before closing. best money ever spent. it took the weight off of our shoulders to have somebody else looking out for us.

good luck, you'll never be sorry! (we're in lake wylie. they also built in the landing.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties