Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times

Advertisements

Come-See-Me is just around the corner. I received this sneak peek email yesterday. Glencairn Gardens is usually beautiful ... Gourmet Gardens has always been a big hit ... the frog jumping contest is a winner too. Lot's of fun things to do during Come-See-Me.You can find more detailed info at the website:

Come-See-Me

10 days of fabulous family fun!
April 17-26 in Rock Hill, SC

Join us Thursday, April 17 through Saturday, April 26 for 10 days of fun, food and entertainment at this year's Come-See-Me Festival!

Activities and events of all kinds keep you hoppin' around town as you enjoy the springtime beauty of Rock Hill! Whether you're a visitor, a newcomer, or a perennial Come-See-Me fan, you're guaranteed to have a great time during our 10-day festival.

Highlights of the opening weekend (April 17-20) include the annual Parade on Thursday, the Beach Bash on Friday featuring The Legends of Beach, and on Saturday and Sunday, Gourmet Gardens at Cherry Park where you can enjoy delicious food and a variety of entertainment.

During the week, many activities are planned, including concerts and family-oriented entertainment at Glencairn Garden, the birthplace of Come- See-Me and the Festival's mascot, Glen the Frog. Among the activities at Glencairn are Sundaes with Glen and Mother Goose and a theater production of The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.

The finale weekend (April 25-26) includes two popular events: Moonlight Jazz and Blues on Friday and the Tailgate Party & Fireworks and Extravaganza on Saturday. Premiering this year is a sanctioned barbeque competition matching up professional cookers from throughout the Southeast - and you can sample their creations at Moonlight Jazz and the Tailgate Party. And remember, these are just a sampling of the many activities offered!

This annual Festival, celebrating its 46th year, is possible through the support of many individuals and the corporate community. So, on behalf of the 2008 Board, the Festival team and countless volunteers, we invite you to share in Rock Hill's grand celebration of springtime . . . Come-See-Me!

Would you like to be a
part of Come-See-Me?
Here's how!

Come-See-Me BBQ Cook-off
Your best barbeque recipe could
win you up to $1,000!

Download complete competition information and the registration form. Only 25 teams will be accepted this year ... so get yours in now!

Want to be in the
Come-See-Me Parade?
Complete and send in the application today! The famous DooDahs' section from parades of the 90's returns so round up your neighborhood or group!
Wanted: Art & Craft Vendors!
We are still accepting applications for Gourmet Gardens. Get complete information here to sign up!

Do you like to sing or dance?
Local Solo or Group Entertainers
sought to perform Broadway tunes during our 2nd Annual Broadway Nights at Glencairn Gardens ... auditions will be held March 31st and April 1st!

We need volunteers!
The Come-See-Me Festival is one the largest all-volunteer festivals in the southeast. It takes hundreds of people to make the 10-day festival (with over 50 events) the tremendous success
it is each year. Apply now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
View detailed profiles of: