Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2020, 08:25 AM

197 posts, read 278,674 times

Advertisements

I personally will probably vote no... they are trying to do way too much and its going to raise my taxes over $500 a year. I support replacing and renovating schools, but they have so much in there about sports, energy improvements, etc. which could wait, and a lot of their plans are quite nebulous (they may rebuild a school or move it, they don't have a list of which schools get playgrounds, etc.). They also don't have anything for Oakdale, which is one of the oldest if not the oldest school building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2020, 03:37 AM

10,113 posts, read 10,970,291 times
I am voting NO ... 32 different plans in addition the superintendent says his plans are not set in stone and could change at any minute. In other words give me the money and if I change my mind I will do what I want to do. Yes it will increase our property tax.

In 2015 the district borrowed $110 million for 51 projects across the district, with every school benefiting from multiple improvements. No property tax increase when the voters approved this five year loan. Apparently they just paid off the $110M.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:00 PM

197 posts, read 278,674 times
That is a good point...they could have done a new $110 with no tax raise.

Also several news outlets has said it has a lot to do with the Panthers coming here

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/02/26/not-...ndum-proposal/

If that is the case, then I think the Panthers ought to go pay for at least 50% of the bond then (and actually, its kindof ridiculous to think there is going to be a huge growth of families just because the panthers put their headquarters here...)

Old 04-11-2020, 07:13 PM

113 posts, read 127,721 times
If the schools still think this has any chance of passing after this pandemic and the hundreds if not thousands locally that are financially impacted for the significant future, then school leaders and school board members are the one's needing to be educated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties