Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 08:47 PM

4 posts, read 9,139 times

Advertisements

Stepping out on faith, need an apartment or townhouse in Fort Mill or Lake Wylie area to be close to my daughter who lives on the Charlotte side. Need to secure a place by Sep. 27th. Don't have job yet but will continue with my present employer until I find job in Charlotte. Any help will be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 01:12 PM

329 posts, read 1,272,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvet View Post
Stepping out on faith, need an apartment or townhouse in Fort Mill or Lake Wylie area to be close to my daughter who lives on the Charlotte side. Need to secure a place by Sep. 27th. Don't have job yet but will continue with my present employer until I find job in Charlotte. Any help will be much appreciated.
I'd look at Peachtree Apartments. They have town home style apartments and they are resonably priced at $775 for a 2 bedroom 2 bath. They have floor plans you can view on their website. I do not live there, but this is where I plan on living when I move. I have seen them. It is right off of 77 for convenient access to Charlotte and there are grocery stores, etc real close by. Everyone I know that lives there that I asked about Peachtree had good things to say.

I looked at a lot of other apartments in the area and this was by far my favorite. The others in the area seem to have little or no patio and it more than likely looked out onto a parking lot. I also looked at a lot of town homes as well. Parking is an issue with a lot of them if you have guests over. A lot also seemed very crammed in and crowded. If you go to google maps and put in the address then go to street view you can get a feel for what they look like. They are not brand new, but kept up well and the space is nice.

I also like that it has a nice patio area. I found it very tranquil and relaxing.

Good Luck with your move. My original plan was to move in October, but because of the economy and being an election year, I decided to delay the move and see what happens over the next several months. My new goal is to move end of January.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:25 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvet View Post
I'd stay out of apartment complexes. I live at Waterstone, there are currently to my knowledge 3 townhomes for rent.

Waterstone is off exit 88 (Gold Hill Rd). You may wish to take a drive thru there, or have someone you know drive thru, and pick up the phone numbers displayed on the units. There is one on Sienna Sand and two or three on Shellstone for rent right now. Nice neighborhood, way better than any apartment complex by far.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:25 PM

201 posts, read 598,935 times
My daughter lives in a neighborhood very near Ballantyne, called Glen Laurel. It is in SC, very close to Hwy 521, but with the lower Lancaster Co. taxes. There are single family homes, plus a townhome section. A couple of the townhomes are for sale. I don't know whether any of them are rentals.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM

4 posts, read 9,139 times
Thanks for the responses. I really appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties