Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2007, 12:51 PM

15 posts, read 71,487 times

Advertisements

My wife and our two daughters 6 yrs old 9 month old will be purchasing a home in indian land hopefully next month, in a community named( bridgemill) right over the North carolina border.Our biggest concern is the indian land school district we have read a couple of post with negative reviews. We have check the yrly report cards in reference to the schools grades but you never know how the schools really come up with their scores.Any information in regards to this topic or any thing PERTAINING to this area such as CRIME, TAXES,HOMEOWNERS INS($645K,3800 SQ FT) etc please post.THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 AM

245 posts, read 1,019,943 times
I'm trying to figure out if you are going to be in NC or SC since your post says right over the NC border. If the community you're buying in is in NC then you will be in the NC schools, not SC.

If you are going to be in SC, no need to be concerned with Indian Land Schools. They are fine and growing like crazy. Not much crime up there either and the taxes on your home shouldn't be too bad. Don't know about home owners insurance. Ours is around $1200 a year, but our home is much smaller and valued much lower then what you are saying.

Shop around.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM

251 posts, read 1,128,201 times
Don't worry about the Indian Land Schools---though I don't have children in the schools, all I hear is good things about the schools here--in fact I've never heard a negative comment. The schools are in a transition from country to urban---last school year the enrollment of the Indian Land schools increased by 16%! As I'm sure you know, the new high school will open this fall and the old high school is being remodeled/expanded into the new middle school. Land has been purchased for a second elementary school which is in the planning stages. Test scores, while not as high as Fort Mill, are rising each year and are above national averages. With the current turmoil in SC regarding property taxes, it would be impossible for me to estimate what yours might be, other than to say they will be LOW. The new law was designed to give the greatest break to high-end homes such as yours---smaller homes will see little or no reduction. Just be sure to register your home with the county tax office as "owner occupied." You have to fill out a questionaire and provide some documentation. This in itself will reduce your tax by 60% or more, but you'd be amazed at how many don't bother! AFAIK, crime in Bridgemill is almost non-existent. The biggest crimes in Indian Land have been contractor's tools being stolen from job sites and I believe there have been a case or two of that in Bridgemill. Also, I think a plasma tv was stolen from a model home there recently, but it was found to be a "inside job," by the cleaning service. I read the crime report in Lancaster News every day, and am involved with the crime watch in Indian land, so I'm fairly knowledgeable. Bridgemill is a beautiful community which I think you will love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties