Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 AM

16 posts, read 60,649 times

Advertisements

My wife and I live in Indian Trail, NC and are looking at homes in the above areas. My wife loves the home in Rock Hill, but I am leaning towards Lake Wylie. The home in Rock Hill is off Cherry Rd in Stoneridge Lakes. I hear crime is an issue in Rock Hill, and schools arent that great. The home in Lake Wylie is at Autumn Cove at Lake Wylie. We are looking for a 4-5BR/2BA house that is newer construction. I work in Gastonia, NC and she works in South Charlotte (South Park area). TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Autumn Cove would be convenient for the commute to Gastonia and the schools are good there, Clover School District. Clover Schools In addition you are in the county there so you would only pay York County Property Tax.

The Stoneridge Lakes development is in the city limits of Rock Hill and you would pay city and county property taxes. Of course you would have fire protection, city police and garbage pick-up. But Autumn Cove is protected by Bethel VFD one of the best volunteer fire departments in South Carolina and there is a trash collection center nearby. York County Sheriff's Dept has a good response time and they have a satellite location in Lake Wylie.

I was born in Rock Hill and raised there .... in the city downtown ... which is now called Old Town ... but if I had to chose between the area where Stoneridge Lakes is located and Autumn Cove .. it would be Autumn Cove.

Old 10-15-2009, 06:34 AM

16 posts, read 60,649 times
Any other opinions? I think Lake Wylie is our primary choice, but Rock Hill does have some decent properties.

Old 10-15-2009, 07:51 AM

622 posts, read 1,782,868 times
My vote would be for Lake Wylie. CarolinaWoman has expressed the same reasons that I would have given. I have lived in Lake Wylie for the past 10 years and have watched the area grow into a lovely community. Good luck on your move and welcome to South Carollina.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM

6 posts, read 12,051 times
We moved to Lake Wylie a year ago and totally love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties