Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2006, 08:28 AM

146 posts, read 506,560 times

Advertisements

I just found the house of my dreams online in Tega Cay. The problem is that I know nothing about the area. I know schools are good there. How many hours to the nearest beach? I have three teens, so I need to make sure there's enough to do there, and being in driving distance to the beach is important. I just need to be near some shopping and restaurants and I'm happy. Can anyone tell me a little about the area?

Last edited by Sampy123; 07-26-2006 at 08:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2006, 01:20 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,210,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampy123
I just found the house of my dreams online in Tega Cay. The problem is that I know nothing about the area. I know schools are good there. How many hours to the nearest beach? I have three teens, so I need to make sure there's enough to do there, and being in driving distance to the beach is important. I just need to be near some shopping and restaurants and I'm happy. Can anyone tell me a little about the area?
hey there Sampy123....I live in Tega Cay, SC (2 1/2 years now). If you are looking for more info. on Tega Cay I will try and provide you with some info. and give you some links too. Driving from Tega Cay to Charleston it took me 3 hours (very easy drive-interstate just about all the way), to (North) Myrtle Beach it took 3 1/2 hours (most interstate, until Florence, SC). As far as what to do: there is Carowinds, the lake (boating, wakeboarding, waterski, fishing, etc.), sports, YMCA, riding horses, camping, swimming (Tega Cay pool or lake), I just noticed that about a 1/2 mile down the road from us there will be a paintball course opening some time in August. We have plenty of places to eat locally (I really think people eat out more here than where I use to live in CA), or you can drive to Rock Hill for more of a selection (5 to 10 minutes) and even to Charlotte is a very easy drive. We just came back from Discovery Place which is located in uptown Charlotte (left there at 2:00 pm) and we were in my driveway at 2:20pm. There are grocery stores right down the street, a Target within 5 minutes (a new Walmart will be right down the road soon...currently there are two in either direction about 10 minutes away), closest mall is in Rock Hill again 10 minutes, or I prefer the mall in Pineville (Carolina Place) which is 10 minutes too, if you like upscale (SouthPark Mall) is apx. 15 minutes (as is Ballantyne), there is an outlet mall (Concord) and that takes apx. 25 to 30 minutes.

Tega Cay is very nice, rather laid back, alot of community activities, lots of outdoor activities (inlcuding golf, walking trails, tennis, etc.)...for us we feel like where we are always on vacation.

Does the home of your dreams happen to be new or resell? If you want to PM the info I might be able to tell you a little more about it (if its new it's more than likely in the Lake Shore development).

www.tegacaysc.org
http://www.tegacayrec.com/

Old 07-26-2006, 05:02 PM

146 posts, read 506,560 times
Lovethecarolinas,

Thanks for that information, it was extremely helpful. Looks like we'll probably settle somewhere in SC, just not exactly sure where. Tega Cay certainly sounds like a perfect place, can't wait to see it! We'll be flying down this summer to check it out. Thanks again for your help.

Old 07-26-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampy123
Lovethecarolinas,

Thanks for that information, it was extremely helpful. Looks like we'll probably settle somewhere in SC, just not exactly sure where. Tega Cay certainly sounds like a perfect place, can't wait to see it! We'll be flying down this summer to check it out. Thanks again for your help.
Your very welcome...and good luck with your search!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:57 AM

222 posts, read 854,570 times
love the carolinas,

where do most of the people from your area work ?

Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomet
love the carolinas,

where do most of the people from your area work ?
it does vary (Fort Mill, Rock Hill, from Home, etc.) but I would say the largest percentage does work somewhere in Charlotte, NC.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:14 AM

Love the Carolinas,

For higher paying jobs Charlotte, NC ?

Thank you.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomet
Love the Carolinas,

For higher paying jobs Charlotte, NC ?

Thank you.

no not necessarily for more money.....just bigger city leads to more selections...and apparently this is what many find appealing about the area (away from the larger city...yet close enough to commute to)

Old 07-27-2006, 12:50 PM

thank you for your help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties