Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 05:29 AM

5,546 posts, read 10,001,241 times

Advertisements

My rep points are cut off as of 4/24 (in comments) and all of them say as a message "no longer a member" every single one. Well, I've got 3 this a.m. I cannot view as I cannot read comments past 4/24. Am I the only one with this problem or is this a system glitch? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
I can see that you have 16 reps since 4/24. All but 6 of them are "quick-reputation" messages which don't have comments. Only 3 of the 6 with comments were signed. None of them were signed with "No longer a member."

Is that close to what you're seeing?

If not and this issue lasts for a couple more days, send a screen shot of what you're seeing to one of the Senior Moderators (Yac or Marka).

Old 05-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I can see that you have 16 reps since 4/24. All but 6 of them are "quick-reputation" messages which don't have comments. Only 3 of the 6 with comments were signed. None of them were signed with "No longer a member."

Is that close to what you're seeing?

If not and this issue lasts for a couple more days, send a screen shot of what you're seeing to one of the Senior Moderators (Yac or Marka).
Thanks. No. Now I have five and they are still cut off as of 4/24 and still no longer a member. I will give it a couple of days. Perhaps it's just a system glitch.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Thanks. No. Now I have five and they are still cut off as of 4/24 and still no longer a member. I will give it a couple of days. Perhaps it's just a system glitch.
I don't know what you are looking at but you have received seven reps today (3rd May 2011).

Rich

Old 05-03-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I don't know what you are looking at but you have received seven reps today (3rd May 2011).

Rich
Thanks, I see nothing past 4/24 and each comment reads no longer a member. I know something is wrong, but just don't know what. It would be nice to know what comments people like and so I can return the favor, but afraid I cannot.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:17 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,729 times
It's not "no longer a member" it's "Quick-reputation from non-member" and yes, the latest is from 4/24. They are not "cut off," it's just when you received them.

That's because you're looking at Latest Reputation Received from Guests. Look at the bar that says Latest Reputation Received - right above - and click on the arrow there: //pics3.city-data.com/trn_collapsed.gif (broken link) It will open the rep comments from regular members.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM

65 posts, read 192,740 times
Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread. I'd like to know how do you view your rep points. When I go into my profile I can see the last 3 rep but I don't know who gave them to me and from which specific post. Also, what are the rep points for? Is that to show how much I've contributed to the forum and how people take my comments?

Thanks.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:07 PM

5,545 posts, read 2,037,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daihung View Post
Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread. I'd like to know how do you view your rep points. When I go into my profile I can see the last 3 rep but I don't know who gave them to me and from which specific post. Also, what are the rep points for? Is that to show how much I've contributed to the forum and how people take my comments?

Thanks.
To view your reputation points, navigate to your Control Panel and look in the section titled "Latest Reputation Received". If a member clicks on the [+] Rate this post positively link (which will show up as "Quick-reputation" in your reputation points), you will not know who left you the reputation point. If you would like to leave a comment with your reputation point that you're awarding someone, click on the icon in the top right section of the post, and leave your member name so they know who gave them reputation. In the broadest form, reputation points are utilized to show appreciation for a member's contribution to the forum.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:56 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daihung View Post

Thanks.
To see all of your reps, click on the words "My Settings" near the top left of your page (in the grey-blue bar).

Old 05-06-2011, 08:04 AM

65 posts, read 192,740 times
Thanks guys.

I did went to My settings but I only see the last 3 points. It's not a big deal but I'm just interested to know which thread I received them from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum