Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:29 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,327 times

Advertisements

What causes a thread to be "moved"???

Is it something that was said??
Why is it removed??

Liz
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
What causes a thread to be "moved"???

Is it something that was said??
Why is it removed??

Liz
I've noticed the mods are moving TONS of threads lately. The other night there were 3 or 4 moved. It really is the pits. It seems that they are moving any sort of 'general question' to the 'General Forums' section.

Guess they are trying to drum up business for those and since the NC board is the busiest we seem to have get more moved.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:50 AM

607 posts, read 2,431,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
I've noticed the mods are moving TONS of threads lately. The other night there were 3 or 4 moved. It really is the pits. It seems that they are moving any sort of 'general question' to the 'General Forums' section.

Guess they are trying to drum up business for those and since the NC board is the busiest we seem to have get more moved.
Wow, that seems kinda weird. If I wanted to be put in General, I would have put it in General. Oh well. Thanks for the info....

Old 04-22-2007, 10:52 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizardlips View Post
Wow, that seems kinda weird. If I wanted to be put in General, I would have put it in General. Oh well. Thanks for the info....
Yeah, I think on this forum at least, folks ask certain questions here because of the great posters that have specific to the area answers.

I just don't see a question being answered as well over on the other forums.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:54 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Default Moved threads

I've noticed this also. A thread was moved re exterminating carpenter ants. The poster specifically noted NC residence. Maybe someone on this forum would have made a recommendation for a reputable exterminator in the Raleigh area. I'm not interested in someone from another state giving advice on North Carolina ants. LOL. Wait until someone asks a religious here and they move it to the Politics forum. Trust me, you don't want to go there. LOL

Old 04-22-2007, 02:49 PM

177 posts, read 847,687 times
I was the one that wrote the thread about carpenter bees - and after it was moved, just reposted with "Raleigh" in the title - and a note for the mods to not move. So far, it's not been moved.

Maybe the board is so overwhelmed that the mods have employed 'bots to make move determinations - and aren't paying as close attention as they should (understandably, this forum is growing so fast I wouldn't fault anyone for using 'bots to help out).

eileen

Old 04-22-2007, 03:04 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
I have also noted that way too many local topics are being moved to national forums.
That seems counterproductive to building a following for a regional forum.

Old 04-22-2007, 08:42 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I have also noted that way too many local topics are being moved to national forums.
That seems counterproductive to building a following for a regional forum.
Well said!! I hope the Mods and Movers are listening!!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,915,230 times
Er... hi. (As it happens, I was asked on Friday if I would be willing to serve as a moderator. From what I understand, other moderators have been stepping in to help keep an eye the Triangle board over the past few weeks. I'm offering to serve as a moderator for this board going forward.)

FWIW, I had noticed these thread moves, too. I'll bring up the subject with the other moderators to make sure I'm not off-base on this, but IMHO, if a thread is talking about what might be considered a more general topic but with a specific Triangle spin or focus, I'm inclined to keep it here.

I think we have the beginnings of a great community here and I think the number of posts and threads just goes to prove it!

Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,757,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull City Rising View Post
FWIW, I had noticed these thread moves, too. I'll bring up the subject with the other moderators to make sure I'm not off-base on this, but IMHO, if a thread is talking about what might be considered a more general topic but with a specific Triangle spin or focus, I'm inclined to keep it here.

I think we have the beginnings of a great community here and I think the number of posts and threads just goes to prove it!
LOL! Well the Mods are listening! Thanks! And in theory I do agree with the above statements.

Welcome aboard as the Moderator! I hope this doesn't mean you can't continue to post. If your wealth of knowledge was lost going forward it would be a huge shame!

BTW, is RaleighRob ok? Or have you heard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum