Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 10:10 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,924 times

Advertisements

^^Interesting. How long were you addicted to drugs?

Have you tried any other drugs?

When/why did you first start using? When/why did you quit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 10:24 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 551,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
Ignorance is believing that you should attack your neighbors out of fear of ... anything. Being defiled or some crazy, backward notion.

Foucalt states that only about 6% of the population is born either purely Heterosexual or purely Homosexual and the vast bulk of the human population has fluid sexuality that can be influenced by any number of internal and external factors.

He has a diagram shaped like a football... with the lion share of the population in the middle with arrows flowing above and below each polarity.

Kinsey says everyone is Bisexual and that we're basically "scared straight."

John B. Watson, the father of Behaviorism ... says, "Give me a baby, and I can make any kind of man."

It's all about Power.

It's ... ALL ... about.. POWER.
Power corrupts ... absolutely.

Murder today... and you will pay ... tomorrow.

Social Engineering ... for who's benefit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFsk...AACC0A660D098E
and Foucault based his speculations on what ? Oh I forgot, he was one of those french philosophers who sat down in a chair and thought and cogitated and didn't really care about checking whether what he arrived at made any sense.
Behaviorism is dead and has been dead for decades. Are you going to quote Freud next ?

Old 02-12-2014, 10:31 AM
hvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Humans will always find a way to divide themselves and fight the "other". It's especially evident in modern-day Africa, where tribalism is more pronounced than other parts of the world. The anti-gay fad in Uganda and other places (in this case, planted by white interlopers) is just another thing to fight over.
At most what the evangelicals did was to organize the anti-gay forces.
You have no idea about normal african societies if you think that they were Ok with homosexuality.
I understand that they are diverse but I feel confident in saying that most of them strongly disapproved of (male) homosexuality.

What's happened recently is that with gay marriage in the West, people in Africa and other places (Russia for example) feel that they have to be more explicit in their reprobation.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:34 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,534,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
and Foucault based his speculations on what ? Oh I forgot, he was one of those french philosophers who sat down in a chair and thought and cogitated and didn't really care about checking whether what he arrived at made any sense.
Behaviorism is dead and has been dead for decades. Are you going to quote Freud next ?
Yeesh, no kidding. Foucalt and Kinsey, both proven wrong...and for a long time. If he brings up Fraud...I mean...Freud it'll be time to ignore the OP (or perhaps its already time to do just that).

Last edited by aplcr0331; 02-12-2014 at 12:09 PM..

Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
hvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
If he brings up Fraud...I mean...Freud
haha

Old 02-12-2014, 02:25 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,293,415 times
I believe that tolerance benefits a society as a whole—beyond individuals in the GLBT community.

As a gay man who has traveled extensively in Africa, I have met many gay Africans. They are no different than their brothers and sisters in the West. However, they are very closeted—similar to the U.S. in the pre-Stonewall era. Mainstream society in comparatively prosperous African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Ghana, Nigeria, etc.) is where American society was in the 1950s. Everyone knows that the current group of anti-gay laws are all about political pandering by certain leaders (like Museveni in Uganda) looking to say in power.

In the US, public opinion on gay rights has changed faster than any issue in the history of polling. It may take Africa a little longer to catch up, but I have no doubt they will.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:42 PM

774 posts, read 1,856,844 times
Default Bideshi..Bideshi...Bideshi...

Bideshi ... who are you?

Perhaps you can tell us who you are a bit more?

Where are you from and where do you live?
How old are you?

By your comments I assume you're a Christian, right?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:40 PM

Default Silence?

Bideshi, now that I asked you to share who you are, surely you aren't going to get silent now?

Old 02-12-2014, 03:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,334,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Someday you will pray for the mountains to fall on your head to hide yourself from the wrath of almighty God. Repent and be saved. God will forgive you. I forgive you for wishing me dead.
What a crock of nonsense. I don't believe in the Christian god. Don't you dare for a second hold me to your stupid interpretation of YOUR gods judgement. You loons have been crowing about the coming of your god to remake this earth for the past 2000 years. He isn't coming! And I didn't apologize to you.

Those of us who do value human rights will continue to fight and stand in the face of despicable humans like you.
Attached Thumbnails
Is Promoting Anti-Gay Sentiment Hurthing Africa?-gay_nigeria.gif  

Old 02-12-2014, 06:50 PM

Default He's ... he's ... left the room..

Sad, but this is what people who suffer from deep, DEEP, "Toxic Shame" and Generational Trauma do.

I wanted "Bideshi" to unfold who he is... because he's painted himself into a bit of a corner.
He is full of the, "Hell Fire and Brimstone" worn-out slave version of "God," ... yet, if he lies, that metaphysical dynamic will hold him in punishment (psychologically) for his Blasphemy.

This is EXACTLY what we want to avoid... becoming a rigid, unflexible, unloving, person who thinks it's their job to act out punishment on others.

We all view the world through the lenses of what is inside of us.
He's soooooo filled with sexual shame, isn't he?
He want's to believe that the entire Western world is going to be punished for being the sexual beings they are born to be.

This is why the concept of, "Original Sin" is so horrid.
If a man existed that was named, Yeshua, ("Jesus" is the Greek word which the anti-Semitic Catholics adopted), then he was an Aramaic Jew who was in no way "white" nor blond and blue-eyed. It's impossible.

Quote:
The Jesus movement can best be described as a radical, nationalistic, anti-religious establishment, messianic, apocalyptic, baptizing, new covenant, wilderness-way movement–and that is precisely how the community behind the Dead Sea Scrolls can be described as well.
Christianity was created out of stories told much later that were attributed to him.
(We won't even get into Emperor Constintine who's sexual shame has given us today's version of "Christian Love") ... but it's important to know why Christianity... and the same religions that enslave Black Africans centuries ago, are just as bad today, and as long as they teach the controlling version, it will also be, tomorrow.

There have been FIVE ... FIVE ... "Jesus" or "Messiah" figures in history:

Horus was born on December 25th,
had a virgin birth, there was a star in the East, was adorned by Kings, was a teacher at 12, baptized at 33 (the number of your spine... think of Kundalini and a 33rd Degree Mason for symbolism), and had 12 disciples. (Egypt 3300 BC)

Mithra, the Zoroastrian angelic divine messiah was also born on December 25th, had a virgin birth, performed miracles, was dead for 3 days, and resurrected. (Persia 1200 BC)

Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25th. He performed miracles, was the "King of Kings" ... the "Alpha and Omega", and was resurrected. (Greece -500 BC)

Attis was born of a virgin on December 25th and was crucified, was dead for 3 days, and resurrected. (Greece 1200 BC)

Krishna was born of a virgin. There was a star in the East. He performed miracles and was resurrected. (India 900 BC)

Jesus the Christ was born on December 25th to a virgin birth. There was a star in the East. He had 12 Disciples, performed miracles, was dead for 3 days, and was resurrected.

My friends ... they're talking about YOU.
Jesus never had one gun, one knife, nor one spear.

It is supposed to be about the path to your own divine awakening... it marks the Winter solstice and more.

Do not be led to be divided and conquered.
Read your history.
Same game.

Same fools.
Don't be one.
Jesus said to forgive and love ... not to persecute, murder, and shame.

They're tricking you ... again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa