Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 08:26 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,872,814 times

Advertisements

I just finalized my airplane reservation for Cape Town (I will stick to the Western Cape province, there will be enough to see for a first time in SA I believe) next february . I hope I won't come to regret it (touch wood). I tried to make reservations for safaris ( Inverdoorn and Sambona), the prices are so outrageous(like 500 $ for 2 in a guest house for 2 nights, transfer not included), that I gave up. I guess we'll visit the CT zoo instead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 08:43 AM

277 posts, read 381,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I just finalized my airplane reservation for Cape Town (I will stick to the Western Cape province, there will be enough to see for a first time in SA I believe) next february . I hope I won't come to regret it (touch wood). I tried to make reservations for safaris ( Inverdoorn and Sambona), the prices are so outrageous(like 500 $ for 2 in a guest house for 2 nights, transfer not included), that I gave up. I guess we'll visit the CT zoo instead!
Nice And good timing as well. After the December holiday rush and in the middle of summer Haven't looked too much into the game reserves around the Western Cape. The majority of tourists head up to Kruger but you get the less common non tourist game reserves such as Pilanesberg.

We have a zoo?

Fun fact (sort of) but we don't call them safaris. So my guess is if you're searching for safaris then you're going to get the more tourist result. Locally we call them game reserves where you'd go for a game drive.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:39 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,011,300 times
Wait, this thread is inspiring me not to be bitter towards the people who used to hurt me because if I let my bitterness turn really bad, I could end up doing something this wrong.

Old 08-04-2016, 02:05 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,368 times
Instead of Syrians why doesn't Germany take these people? Or any other white country that uses the excuse of low birth rates. These people have a similar culture to the most other Europeans.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:50 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,865,904 times
In the mid=1960s I had a College friend that had left Rhodesia (Now Zimbabwe but I'm not sure). Her family had owned a prosperous farm but due to racial unrest they sold it at a huge loss and left for the USA. When M arrived on campus at the small college we attended she was scared to death of the few Black students on campus. She told stories of life on their farm that were bone chilling. The school bus she rode to the local high school had a bus driver armed with a fully automatic sub machine gun and all White people carried weapons everywhere. According to M there bus was involved in several gun battles over the years. It wasn't just Whites that were at risk but "coloreds" of different tribes also. It was a segregated environment but it wasn't just Whites and coloreds, it was Whites and Coloreds according to tribal and political affiliations.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:24 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
the op did not mention this,but black tourists to SA are not exactly welcolmed with open arms either.

Am i correct in assuming a black American tourist can be a victim of crime in South africa too?

Old 08-04-2016, 09:40 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,011,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Instead of Syrians why doesn't Germany take these people? Or any other white country that uses the excuse of low birth rates. These people have a similar culture to the most other Europeans.
Where should they put the Syrian refugees?

Old 08-05-2016, 01:20 AM

277 posts, read 381,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
the op did not mention this,but black tourists to SA are not exactly welcolmed with open arms either.

Am i correct in assuming a black American tourist can be a victim of crime in South africa too?
Crime is crime. Statistically there's a lot more black on black crime since the majority of the population are black. Most of the crime is going to be because people are trying to survive, not necessarily because of race.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:11 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierudetsky View Post
Leave them! Germany is a country not a charity. Worst case if they care so much why don't they go kick Isis A$$ out? Or give them food and water or whatever!

Old 08-05-2016, 07:33 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,608,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackierudetsky View Post
It depends on their skin tone, apparently.

Racists suck so much. So very, very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa