Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 03:01 PM

3,851 posts, read 4,454,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80s_kid View Post
Meanwhile, in China African people are being discriminated against by the Chinese legally (in some areas).

This video along with this is showing that Africans are being kicked out of their places, denied service, and forced to live on the streets (or arrested). Chinese people are treated well on the African continent but there's no reciprocal behavior towards Africans in China on a whole. This isn't a sympathy post but I hope Africans retaliate (not violently) and balance the scales some.
I'm VERY leery of this new found Chinese "generosity" towards Africa. It feels very much like selling your birthright for a pot of wonton soup. Supposedly the Chinese are building infrastructure for African countries and in return gaining exclusive land and resources rights. African countries essentially giving away their land and resources because they are for the most part too corrupt and incompetent to provide the services to their people. So the Chinese come in and do it...for a massive price that future generations will be paying off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2020, 03:04 PM

3,851 posts, read 4,454,528 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, in China African people are being discriminated against by the Chinese legally (in some areas).

This video along with this is showing that Africans are being kicked out of their places, denied service, and forced to live on the streets (or arrested). Chinese people are treated well on the African continent but there's no reciprocal behavior towards Africans in China on a whole. This isn't a sympathy post but I hope Africans retaliate (not violently) and balance the scales some.
East Asia is an interesting place. China, Japan, Korea. All three cultures think that they are the superior race to all others. So they are extremely racist to all other races (even against white people, but to a lesser extent that they are towards blacks). They all live literally next door to each other but look down on each other while thinking they are the sh't. It's funny watching it all from a distance.

Old 04-09-2020, 03:25 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,075,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Well let me clarify, I dont think the Nigerian people are crap, just the leadership. Nigerian people are some of the most enterprising, hard working people anywhere. All they need is just a stable functioning government structure and they will thrive.

I know this ever since coming here to the States. Never have I been more proud to be Nigerian since coming here. In the Dallas area where I live, Nigerians are achieving great things, loads of doctors, lawyers, engineers etc. It's not even that big a deal to see a Nigerian kid get into medical school anymore. Happens quite a bit. Same with other African immigrants here too.

And that is the annoying thing. Like I said, being given some sort of reliable government structure, Nigerians here have risen to the top, yet back home the opposite is true. There is very little chance of a rags to riches story in Nigeria. All those billionaires you read about are either related to the high and mighty in government or the military.

My own personal story. 20 years ago, I came here to the US with little more than a college scholarship in my back pocket. Completely broke. Same for my 4 siblings. Fast forward to today, all 5 of us are living the American dream. 1 lawyer, 2 CPAs, 1 tech startup owner and another in healthcare software. None of this would have happened for us back home where we have no connections to the rich and mighty. How do I know this? because I have relatives and friends back home. Many of them young. Have college degrees. Many of them were excellent students. No chance of any type of job. So they sit at home and scratch around. Their best hope is begging enough money to maybe get into school in the US, Canada or Europe and start their lives. Till then, they are in limbo, living off family who are also struggling themselves. This is the Nigeria I know. Not the happy dancing guys in Patoranking music videos. But men and women struggling to survive.

This is why the average Nigerian would laugh if you mention all those stats about being the 10th largest economy and all that. None of it has trickled down to the man on the street. Supposedly Nigeria earned over 300 billion dollars in oil revenue over the last 30 years, and yet there is absolutely nothing to show for it. Roads are a mess, for electric power you are required to own your own generator. There are whole patches of land in the south where the oil companies cant be bothered to patch up their oil pipes so the farmland is ruined for miles, covered in leaking oil. But on the other hand, several ex Nigerian presidents have become billionaires. Imagine that.

You mention Banana Island and Abuja. Places where 99.9 per cent of Nigerians wouldnt even be allowed near the gates. Nigeria has over 120 million people. Nollywood is not going to feed them. Neither are the musicians. Until the average Nigerian has a reasonable chance of having even a working class (by US standards) life, all of these pretty statistics are just that, pretty stats that ultimately mean nothing.
Ethiopia has over 115M people. Most are poor, I understand what you are saying. But the purpose of most of us who were sent abroad at one point in time was to get an education and bring back what we learned to help the people, I don't sleep well at night knowing that my fellow countrymen can be living a better life. Mind you the people in my family fought for the country, lost their lives working for the country (they didn't steal), and lost properties, I still want to help. The American dream is a selfish dream it only helps you! You've got to look past the government. You can do more for your people in Nigeria and make an impact in any other part of Africa than you could staying home watching events at home (I'm sure you send money home too). In starting a business or training facility in Africa you would make more of an impact back home than doing anything in the states. Foreigners are investing and living on our continent with no care about our people, that is a nightmare!

Last edited by bayarea-girl; 04-09-2020 at 03:56 PM..

Old 04-09-2020, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I'm VERY leery of this new found Chinese "generosity" towards Africa. It feels very much like selling your birthright for a pot of wonton soup. Supposedly the Chinese are building infrastructure for African countries and in return gaining exclusive land and resources rights. African countries essentially giving away their land and resources because they are for the most part too corrupt and incompetent to provide the services to their people. So the Chinese come in and do it...for a massive price that future generations will be paying off.
The Chinese are not buying up Africa, most off them can't own any land in Africa. They do lease the land that many have done nothing to. The Chinese have built up infrastructure in the USA and in Europe, the West is in debt to China not the other way around. The Chinese own many things in the West including much of the farmland. When it's all said and done the Chinese will be in debt to the West watch and see the hustle!

Old 04-09-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I'll post this video and see what will happen with the Continent.
This is an old policy and agenda that is still active. Even though they've tried to kill us off our numbers keep increasing. We are the original men and women of this earth if we parish so shall they!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K0s...ature=youtu.be

Old 04-09-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Start a new thread I have many opinions and observations about this matter. BTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reLB4zWzNSs

They are in Nigeria and will be in other parts of Africa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAiWrNSa9_Y

Very interesting perspective by a member of the Nigerian Medical Association

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECCBZ1MRPi8

Old 04-10-2020, 01:52 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,210,208 times
Quote:

Quote:
East Asia is an interesting place. China, Japan, Korea. All three cultures think that they are the superior race to all others. So they are extremely racist to all other races (even against white people, but to a lesser extent that they are towards blacks). They all live literally next door to each other but look down on each other while thinking they are the sh't. It's funny watching it all from a distance.
Yes, China is making rounds of accusation for Covid-19, now pointing the finger at an easy target- Africans/Black people in China. Pathetic. I like a lot of things about East Asia, even a few of those things I believe would be of benefit to us here in the west, but China's irrational hostility(to the point of finding any little excuse to kick Black Africans out of the country) is a major turn off. Between the major East Asian countries, anytime I hear about (mainland) China from the perspective of Africans/Black people who have stayed there for a considerable period, 99.5% of it is negative. Japan and South Korea not so much, although anti-blackness and xenophobia(never hear of foreigners being kicked out or physically harmed though) doesn't go unnoticed there either.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 04-10-2020 at 02:01 AM..

Old 04-10-2020, 07:39 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,915,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
This is an old policy and agenda that is still active. Even though they've tried to kill us off our numbers keep increasing. We are the original men and women of this earth if we parish so shall they!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K0s...ature=youtu.be
This statement is absolute nonsense all genetic populations regardless of which continent they live on currently descend from a common population. You are no more original than any one else I know that may be hard to swallow and doesn't jive with your belief system. But carry on while I eat my popcorn and chime in every once in a while.

Old 04-10-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Yes, China is making rounds of accusation for Covid-19, now pointing the finger at an easy target- Africans/Black people in China. Pathetic. I like a lot of things about East Asia, even a few of those things I believe would be of benefit to us here in the west, but China's irrational hostility(to the point of finding any little excuse to kick Black Africans out of the country) is a major turn off. Between the major East Asian countries, anytime I hear about (mainland) China from the perspective of Africans/Black people who have stayed there for a considerable period, 99.5% of it is negative. Japan and South Korea not so much, although anti-blackness and xenophobia(never hear of foreigners being kicked out or physically harmed though) doesn't go unnoticed there either.
Its not the Chinese that are saying that the US started COVID19 it is American people that are saying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEfxmHgO9zI

Example 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX_hJ8rkfAs

Example 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hJjKTFK7ro

There are so many others that have done their research

BTW, why aren't people reporting on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J_TzatYQ2g

Old 04-13-2020, 12:35 AM

Things to keep in mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmOmSCrbNIE

Very informative video (be sure to read the video's comments)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCo8w67FhE

Cambridge Study
https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/...ndemic-origins

Basically it is very interesting where strains A and B come from and found in, hmmmm.

Africans and African Americans are being targeted, be prepared!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa