Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 09:55 AM

20 posts, read 40,601 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!!

I'm moving to the Fairlawn/Bath Township area the first of June and won't know anyone in the area. I was wondering if anyone knew of any organizations I could be involved with or things to help me meet new people?

If it helps, I'm a 25 year old female. I'll be working at Akron General hospital during the day but my hours allow me to be out of work by the late afternoon/early evening. As I said earlier, I am moving to the area without knowing anyone. I am recently out of a relationship and am truly looking for a "fresh start"

Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 PM

1,522 posts, read 3,006,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyxstar11 View Post
Hi everyone!!

I'm moving to the Fairlawn/Bath Township area the first of June and won't know anyone in the area. I was wondering if anyone knew of any organizations I could be involved with or things to help me meet new people?

If it helps, I'm a 25 year old female. I'll be working at Akron General hospital during the day but my hours allow me to be out of work by the late afternoon/early evening. As I said earlier, I am moving to the area without knowing anyone. I am recently out of a relationship and am truly looking for a "fresh start"

Any advice or suggestions would be great!

Thanks so much!!
Young Professionals of Akron would be one of my first stops if I were you.

YPA / The Young Professionals of Akron / Non-profit organization

There are others, like torchbearers: Home - Torchbearers Akron
and a few more here:
Greater Akron Chamber: Greater Akron's Young Professional Organizations

Many of them are geared towards networking so not knowing anyone really isn't an issue. For instance Young Professionals holds regular networking events which would be a good starting point to meet a few people 20s-30s.

You could also try various meetups for whatever interests you: Meetups near Akron, Ohio - Meetup

and of course you could check nearby cities, i.e. Canton, Cleveland.

I could probably go on, as I know most of the Universities around here have various interest groups but that should give you a start.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:49 AM

4 posts, read 26,845 times
Also, look into the Akron Junior Leaque or the Women's Board of Akron Children's Hiospital
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton