Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 09:04 AM

5 posts, read 26,467 times

Advertisements

I'm currently looking at some apartments in Akron, OH. I found a website where apartments are reviewed by former/current residents. I was leaning towards Timber Top Apts, but after reading all of the reviews for it, I'm not so sure anymore. Could someone confirm wheter Timber Top really this bad??

Link to reviews...
Timber Top Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Akron apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 AM

83 posts, read 382,761 times
My buddy lived there twice..he likes it but keeps to himself

Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I believe they are old and inexpensive. Lots of starter apartments with a lot of turnover. I can't specifically speak about the management, but you get what you pay for. Aside from that, they are near the Cuyahoga Valley and close to lovely scenery and opportunities for biking/hiking/skiing, etc.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 AM

4 posts, read 15,401 times
Default It's a good place to start

I live there now and have had absolutely no problems what so ever. I'm 26 so the younger crowd doesn't bother me, but the car stereos can be loud all night. I'm a heavy sleeper. I've had no car break ins or run ins with management. When i need it fixed they come fix it. When i pay my rent it's accounted for on time. Always. The rent's good and the apartments are huge from others I looked at. It's close to everything and there's like a million different apartments to choose from. No place is perfect, but for me this place is pretty close.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:56 AM

566 posts, read 603,702 times
I have had a number of friends that lived in Timbertop. Half of them didn't have a problem at all and the other half had major problems. The problems went anywhere from smashed in car windows and stolen radios to roaches.

I realize Timbertop is inexpensive but, have you looked into Cedarwood or any of those in the Valley area? Sometimes you pay for what you get.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Auj

1 posts, read 8,135 times
I have lived in Timber Top for about six monthes now and I love it. I have lived in about four other apartment complexes and this is by far my favorite. Its a big place and some areas of it have more of a young party crowd then others. You can get a good idea by driving around on the weekend and just seeing people walking around. I have really never had a problem with noise or management or maintenance. Also, there are ALOT of different types of apartments and a big range in price, so ask them to show you a few different styles.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:27 PM

88 posts, read 371,878 times
Timbertop was built in the 70's...billed as high-end...30yrs later you fill in the blanks.
Sorry...unless yous is "hangin" and like Hip Hop...I'd RUN past Timbertop.

Old 03-01-2022, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,564 times
I realize this is an older thread, but it deserves to be updated. I was there for 4 years before I was able to flee that place. Mere words and pictures could not begin to convey the sheer hell it was living there. Read the reviews and go back a few years. Talk to people. The cashier's at McDonald's or dollar general for example. They hear everything and have a pulse on what's going on. If you decide to move there you better have strong meds. You've been warned. Every negative review is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton