Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:41 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimpdaddy View Post
Right up there with Indonesia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 01:33 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,906,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Right up there with Indonesia.
Oh, we now have another "Alabama Expert"!

Old 08-02-2019, 03:44 AM

283 posts, read 375,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Maybe because it is such an issue for the UN, they could take up a collection from their member states and pay for it!
Admirable, but you'd think the state and the U.S., in general, would want to avoid the embarrassing optics that would bring and just fix the problem themselves.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:35 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,906,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Williams View Post
Admirable, but you'd think the state and the U.S., in general, would want to avoid the embarrassing optics that would bring and just fix the problem themselves.
You have to have a problem to be able to fix it!
I can see the headlines now, state forces a poor family to move due to condemning property.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:09 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
And I’m sure you could find the same living conditions in some of the poverty stricken counties in south GA.

I know of some in clarke county, they place a trailer on a side of a hill, and just run he sewer pipe into a gulley straight, no tank. some are just too lazy to dig a hole and place a tank.maybe the soil too rocky.

the person that was talking about process sewer on farm land in NYC. They do that in mobile county too. the process is real high in nitrogen so it make a good fertilizer, its been process, its almost drinking water

Old 08-03-2019, 08:48 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,432,160 times
Alabama is great. Great business city in Birmingham, Universities throughout (Roll Tide ) , Montgomery for the Buckmasters Convention, Huntsville for aerospace, Gulf Shores, the Black Belt for hunting.

For some the glass is ½ full. Let them wallow in negativism , I think Alabama is great.

Last I checked there is no perfect place on earth.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:07 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,436,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
I know of some in clarke county, they place a trailer on a side of a hill, and just run he sewer pipe into a gulley straight, no tank. some are just too lazy to dig a hole and place a tank.maybe the soil too rocky.

the person that was talking about process sewer on farm land in NYC. They do that in mobile county too. the process is real high in nitrogen so it make a good fertilizer, its been process, its almost drinking water
The "processed" waste from sewage plants is sludge. Yes, it is a soil amendment that can build tilth and has some fertilizing value, but unlike chicken litter or cattle manure, the ingredients are unknown. Define "processed." Dug up, dried and sterilized? What about the various drug residues, the household chemicals, industrial chemicals, surface runoff that has made its way from the truck parking lot into the sanitary sewer? What about the prions that are nearly indestructible? Septic tank sludge is benign in comparison, yet restrictions on dumping it more severe.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:42 PM

976 posts, read 2,685,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Alabama is great. Great business city in Birmingham, Universities throughout (Roll Tide ) , Montgomery for the Buckmasters Convention, Huntsville for aerospace, Gulf Shores, the Black Belt for hunting.

For some the glass is ½ full. Let them wallow in negativism , I think Alabama is great.

Last I checked there is no perfect place on earth.
I know right, Alabama geographical features are far better than over 60 percent of the US. It's not land locked like many other states. No extreme homelessness and has major potential. Living in big cities is not all what's it's crack out to be, especially Atlanta.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:49 AM

3 posts, read 4,835 times
sorry, Alabama is paradise compared to most of Mississippi (notwithstanding Ocean Springs and several other smaller coastal towns which are great, but areas around Jackson toward Memphis, ala the Delta are horrible economicall, socially and academically, save perhaps around Oxford)

Old 09-06-2019, 12:20 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,305,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckhinson View Post
sorry, Alabama is paradise compared to most of Mississippi (notwithstanding Ocean Springs and several other smaller coastal towns which are great, but areas around Jackson toward Memphis, ala the Delta are horrible economicall, socially and academically, save perhaps around Oxford)
This is VERY true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama