Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Oversees Alabama Power taking of Land
Alabama Power Easement 0 0%
Utility Easements 0 0%
Utilities Taking 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,264 times

Advertisements

I am reaching out to Windoverbama for interest in their 2014 post about Alabama Power Easements. Please contact this new user I have a situation identical sounding to yours.

Here in Clay County Alabama we have a power line over our property as an earlier easement or Right-of-way presumably paid for and granted by prior property owners. I have only owned the property for 4 years with one power line down the center of the right-of-way.

Now Al Power has added an additional row of lines and cleared an additional area to accommodate a clear wind buffer removing many large trees, flora and fauna.

I have phoned the right-of-way coordinator, he says that I should have received a call or letter from Al Power but I have heard nothing. I phoned again and he said that someone should call, but nothing.

My point is, we must stand together and find the answer to the taking of property with out responsible stewardship on behalf of the aggressor.

They have my attention now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 08:58 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,837,463 times
Are they still within the original right of way or have they cleared and added more power lines outside of the right of way? You will probably need a survey done to see exactly where the lines are unless they were already marked when you bought the property.

They are most likely going to just ignore you even if they are outside of the right of way regardless of how many times you call. So if they are, you are going to have to get an attorney that deals with real estate and property and have them send Alabama Power a letter.

Old 08-26-2021, 09:25 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
You DID buy title insurance, didn't you? Three guesses what title insurance is for...

Old 08-26-2021, 10:20 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,082,602 times
That was the only thread that windalabama guy posted in 2014. No posts since then so doubtful they still lurk on this website.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/alab...-question.html

As the easements, they aren’t listed on the deeds, only right a way and access easements, at least not seeing them on any (AL) deeds that I’ve looked at recently.

Might be time for a road trip vs calling. OP said the second row of lines are already built so this isn’t a new event and certainly can’t be reversed.

Another angle would be to talk with nearby landowners who also had the “second row” installed on their property to see if they were informed, by who, and whether they got paid when the second row was installed.

Old 08-27-2021, 07:19 AM

1,863 posts, read 840,136 times
alabama power not he bad guys, they are going do exactly what was signed over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama