Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,401 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to enterprise from mobile. I am not sure about the area. I am looking for a roommate???....some good community to socialize and make friends with...and a nice, safe place to stay . After browsing the forums I could see northeast is a good locality?..please advise...
Thanks n REgards
Swet's

Last edited by slal; 10-04-2008 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: spelling mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 02:41 AM

4 posts, read 11,981 times
I've lived in Geneva all of my life. it's about fifteen minutes south of Enterprise and yes it is hot, more humid than hot really. It's not abnormal to wear short sleaves all the way up to December most years. It's not even that abnormal to see some of my northern friends wearing shorts in December; being that they're more acclimated to colder climates than us southerners. During January thru much of March it can be very cold, mostly due to the wet humid air. As far as renting goes, I have a friend who was paying $475 per month to live in a town house in Daleville which is about 5 minutes outside of E'prise.
Crime around here is not quite as bad as that guy makes it out to be and I dont know what that other persons talking about with the lead in the sand at the elementary school. think thats a bunch of b.s.
I do think that if you could get over the heat and the bad weather at times that you would find the Wiregrass area a lovely and affordable place to live.

Old 06-01-2009, 10:24 AM

2 posts, read 4,916 times
RN looking to relocate to the Enterprise area I am hoping to get a job at Medical Center Enterprise so far I see plenty of positions. I however would need to set up housing have no idea what areas to avoid would like to be about 15-20 minutes from town Anyone with any advise, information would be appreciated, Im coming from New York and only know one person there so its a big step!!!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:03 AM

10 posts, read 23,359 times
South AL is a beautiful area but it is very hot and humid. Be prepared for temps in the high 90s most days and down in the mid 60s even in December. The only time it may even seem cold to a northerner is in Jan/Feb when temps can get into the 30s/20s. Then there may be a freak snow shower into March but it only lasts a day and then it is mostly small flakes that melt by mid-morning. So the cost of living is extremely reasonable, crime is very, very low, jobs are still scarce (except aviation/healthcare). The jobs will pay a lot less in healthcare and salary is nothing like what you would prob be used to coming from a place like New York. It is all relative--cost of living is much cheaper to include housing costs. Housing is plentiful and cheap ompared to most other parts of the country. Great place to raise kids--schools are good in just about any area and there is little difference among the schools as to the quality of education kids receive. Schools in Enterprise are considered to be some of the best in the area. If I did not have my home rented out, I would be headed back there right now. NC is not all that, for real!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama