Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:28 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Oh. Somebody from Michigan holding for on Alabama. That's rich, given that our per capita income is about to pass yours. We're on the way up, you're on the way down.
I like how you tend to think I actually defend Michigan. But good luck. You're passing the industrial wasteland, huge accomplishment there.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Smile Sounds Good To Me

And please encourage Barkley to stop some outrageous remarks too.

I use to like Barkley, but have been disappointed he hasn't addressed his various issues in psychotherapy. A talk show interview or any public Mike isn't where Charles should be doing his talking right now, IMHO. He has a lot of symptoms seen in those with addictive disorders. Be it his gambling, getting into fights (lack of impulse control and lack of anger management) over the year, betting or other activities, Charles is not in control of himself, from my perspective.

I don't live in AL, but have family who does. Additionally, I may move to AL to live in a few years, so I listen when Barkley talks. I ask myself if I could live in a state governed by Charles as he currently is. That answer is simple for me.

Charles Barkley, IMHO, would do well right now to focus on his own issues and how to improve his own life before talking about governing others. How he assumes residents of AL would elect him Gov. when he hasn't even lived in the state for so many years is beyond me.

Barkley seems to live in a state of denial about many things right now, at least to me.

Almost all of us have suggestions or thoughts of how we'd like to see federal, state or local government improve. But, most of us don't venture how to make things better in other states if we don't currently live there, haven't recently lived there, aren't considering relocating there, or don't have family/friends or property/business dealings in that state etc. In other words, significant reasons enough to be interested in a different state that we can tell others the call letters of the local television stations or names of the local newspapers etc.

I'm not saying Barkley does or doesn't love AL as I honestly don't know. I know little about Barkley's family of origin. I certainly wonder why he doesn't live in AL instead of AZ and a hotel in Atlanta when he was on TNT, if he truly feels he shoud run for Gov. of AL.

What other public offices, in any city/state at any level, has Charles Barkley held? I might be wrong, but I can't seem to think of any. Is that the type of experience one wants for a Gov.? Perhaps there are lower level offices Barkley could hold to learn what is takes to govern. After all, the NBA isn't exactly ideal training ground for a career as a Gov. The concept of balancing budgets, instead of demanding more money - which Barkley did, listening to constituents (even if they are fans) and then making the tough choices which will impact millions of people, is not exactly training I believe Barkley has had yet.

MSR

MSR

Last edited by Keeper; 01-21-2009 at 06:01 AM.. Reason: removed deleted quote
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama