Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM

18 posts, read 35,499 times

Advertisements

I definitely see a boat in our future. I understand that every Alaskan resident can put out ( I believe ) three or maybe five crab pots without a permit. Got to do some more research on that one. Also looking forward to the fishing and hunting. I am not much into trophies, but love to put food in the family freezer and avoid the grocery store as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 PM

18 posts, read 35,499 times
Hey, I have another question. My wife and I both have passports, but our daughter doesn't we have applied for one for her but don't know if it will get here in time. Does she need one to drive across Canada to the ferry to come to Wrangell?

Old 07-27-2012, 04:57 PM

854 posts, read 1,977,004 times
If she is still a minor, a birth certificate will do. If she's only driving with one parent, she'll need a note from the other parent (so they don't think it's a divorcee kidnap situation).

Old 08-23-2012, 07:58 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
The book, "No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden," is set to hit shelves on Sept 11. It is penned under the pseudonym "Mark Owen," according to the publisher, but multiple sources told Fox News his name is in fact Matt Bissonnette, 36, of Wrangell, Alaska.

Bin Laden raid tell-all author revealed, questions raised whether ex-Navy SEALs have freedom of speech | Fox News

Anyone know him?

Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 PM

860 posts, read 2,055,188 times
There's a couple out at Whiskey Cove name of Bissonnette who come to town now & then for supplies, nice people. Must be their kid. Carp, I hope he doesn't come home, we'll probably have ijits in suits crawling all over town asking questions as it is.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:57 AM

An official al Qaeda website on Friday posted a photograph and the name of the former Navy commando responsible for the book, calling him "the dog who murdered the martyr Sheikh Osama bin Laden."

It was followed by comments that called for the man's death, including one response that said, "O' Allah, kill every one of them," and another that said, "O' Allah, make an example of him for the whole world and give him dark days ahead."

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...k.html?_r=1&hp

Beware of anyone riding into Wrangell on a pink camel claiming to be selling Mary Kay products.

Old 08-25-2012, 09:05 PM

879 posts, read 1,730,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
An official al Qaeda website on Friday posted a photograph and the name of the former Navy commando responsible for the book, calling him "the dog who murdered the martyr Sheikh Osama bin Laden."

It was followed by comments that called for the man's death, including one response that said, "O' Allah, kill every one of them," and another that said, "O' Allah, make an example of him for the whole world and give him dark days ahead."

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/...k.html?_r=1&hp

Beware of anyone riding into Wrangell on a pink camel claiming to be selling Mary Kay products.
Those extremists have done more to discredit their religion than any "infidel" could ever hope to. They are stupid, stupid people.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:59 PM

860 posts, read 2,055,188 times
Tried to rep you RedJacket but "they" won't let me. I was only thinking of feds showing up asking questions & such, never thought about pink camels showing up to look for him. Many years ago I thought I'd finally found a place remote enough to get along without all the worldly garbage...WRONG! what the hey

Old 08-30-2012, 06:56 PM

The Pentagon's top lawyer has informed the former Navy SEAL who authored a forthcoming book describing details of the raid that killed Usama bin Laden that he violated agreements to not divulge military secrets and that as a result the Pentagon is considering taking legal action against him.

The general counsel of the Defense Department, Jeh Johnson, wrote in a letter transmitted to the author on Thursday that he had signed two nondisclosure agreements with the Navy in 2007 that obliged him to "never divulge" classified information. Johnson said that after reviewing a copy of the book, "No Easy Day," the Pentagon concluded that the author is in "material breach and violation" of the agreements.

Johnson said the department is considering pursuing against him "all remedies legally available to us."

Read more: Pentagon to consider legal action against ex-SEAL author of bin Laden raid book | Fox News

This guy has nowhere to hide. All those Allah goofballs want a piece of him. The Pentagon now wants him. Some former SEAL members are pissed off at him. He might wanna hide in the bottom of one of GrammasCabin bucket of blueberries until this all blows over.

Old 10-26-2014, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,603 times
GrammasCabin, thank you so much for all your informative posts. I actually made it to Wrangell on a ferry stopover from Ketchikan to Juneau this past summer. I do so want to go back and stay for a bit. It was breathtakingly beautiful. After spending three weeks in SE Alaska, I fell head over heels in love with it, and am now thinking about moving up there. dwblake, I hope your move went well and you and your family have been enjoying Alaskan life these past few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska