Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 09:41 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,133,538 times

Advertisements

Beats gloating online...

Old 02-26-2011, 10:14 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,885,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
That is quite a "career" you have made out of posting on City Data !!

Most impressive! I guess this is the life somepeople choose over a real life in society. How many years of one-liners ?? Yu are one funny person Warpt !! Life in Bethel must truly be boring and non-existant. NOTHING TO DO In Life?? cept try and become an online forum comedian! I guess the pay must be good enough. Quite the ambitious person indeed. That job you have must be very important to allow you to spend so much time posting daily @ work and at home. Keep it up. your doing a great job !! But I really think you need more practice.
Society is highly overrated.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:44 PM

854 posts, read 1,978,552 times
i don't know...judging by warpt's photos, he sure does a whole lot of stuff compared to the average yokel.

Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
How many internet forums did you say you post on again? Wasn't it over 50? That sure is a lot to keep up with! Where do YOU find the time? Shouldn't you be out on the ice right now?
Over 70 photo type forums. 160 countries visit every month - over 2 million hits per month !! That took me all of just 3 years to accomplish!

The most amazing part of all of it is that ONLY ONE PERSON - makes a huge issue out of everything I type about the Arctic. In other words; the colleges, the North Slope School District the entire education system throughout Alaska now has to change a 10 year history of linking to my site as an accurate source of information!

It is the exact same thing with the sign outside of the North Slope Borough that says Bowheads travel through the ice; and can break through ice as thick as 2 feet; BUT ONE PERSON insists the sign is wrong and that whales travel under the thickest ice. But provides no input as to how they breathe 0r break through !!

It is obvious even to a child, now after 3 1/2 years of this childish nonsense what is really going on!! How can a peson who has never ever gone out to participate or visited any whaling camp possibly write about what goes on out there; - when in fact he has never set foot out there! I find that rather extremely revealing indeed.

Some of you members should really take the time to think

Old 02-27-2011, 12:17 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,654,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortstc37 View Post
i don't know...judging by warpt's photos, he sure does a whole lot of stuff compared to the average yokel.
Warpt is a vastly better photographer than David Eves ever imagined himself to be. And clearly that imagination is expansive!

Warpt is also, shall we say... approaching middle age. That is to say he has begun to demonstrate leadership qualities, particularly here on CD.

If Warpt had children they sure would not be highschool dropouts or find it necessary to follow their dad around as adults just to end up living in a homeless shelter or be forced to leave how many villages broke and penniless.

Warpt is also appropriately modest. He doesn't even brag about the real things he has done, much less post huge fantasies bragging about things he can't do or has failed at.

Old 02-27-2011, 12:37 AM

Thank you floyd for adding your input, but as usual; you accuse me of getting kicked or forced to leave two villages when that is clearly a made up falsehood with no shred of evidence to back it up.

YOUR FALSEHOODS; are twisted half truths that have no basis or fact.

Yes warpt is a much better photographer than I am. I have no problem ever admitting the truth but that is far out of your reach Mr.Davidson- you have to change the truth to make your points. YOu have done it no less than 50 times, AND STILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

I do not have a problem with the truth; no matter what it is! That is clearly not part of your narcisstic CHARACTER Mr. Davidson.

My expertise in NOT being able to create photographs; as you so clearly are (NOT). My expertise is in the darkroom and MARKETING & SELLING PHOTOGRAPHS.

FOR ONCE: I would like to see you post actualy facts; NOT MERE "DREAMS OF DELUSION" !!

Old 02-27-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Over 70 photo type forums. 160 countries visit every month - over 2 million hits per month !! That took me all of just 3 years to accomplish!

The most amazing part of all of it is that ONLY ONE PERSON - makes a huge issue out of everything I type about the Arctic. In other words; the colleges, the North Slope School District the entire education system throughout Alaska now has to change a 10 year history of linking to my site as an accurate source of information!

It is the exact same thing with the sign outside of the North Slope Borough that says Bowheads travel through the ice; and can break through ice as thick as 2 feet; BUT ONE PERSON insists the sign is wrong and that whales travel under the thickest ice. But provides no input as to how they breathe 0r break through !!

It is obvious even to a child, now after 3 1/2 years of this childish nonsense what is really going on!! How can a peson who has never ever gone out to participate or visited any whaling camp possibly write about what goes on out there; - when in fact he has never set foot out there! I find that rather extremely revealing indeed.

Some of you members should really take the time to think
What I think is that it's none of my business if he is right or wrong and I get tired of this forum being used as a tool for a personal vendetta. It's pointless and I think if a member bothers you that much you should stop posting or reading threads. If a vote of members were taken I think people would agree it is time to stop harping on this subject. I know a lot about mountain climbing, but I could never do the sport, does that make my knowledge worthless or incorrect?

Old 02-27-2011, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
What I think is that it's none of my business if he is right or wrong and I get tired of this forum being used as a tool for a personal vendetta. It's pointless and I think if a member bothers you that much you should stop posting or reading threads. If a vote of members were taken I think people would agree it is time to stop harping on this subject. I know a lot about mountain climbing, but I could never do the sport, does that make my knowledge worthless or incorrect?

NO your right to some extent ;- But to speak against everything a professional says about his experiences is far from what you are using as an example. Put it in the right context please.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:36 AM

I've never seen him dispute anything you say, maybe if it happened it was before my time on this forum. But the advice remains, it's time to drop it. There is no winning here. And I can say I dislike the bad tone this public forum is taking with this and I wish it would stop. It's kind of like visiting people who don't get along and they have a disagreement right in front of everybody-it makes many people very uncomfortable.

Old 02-27-2011, 01:55 AM

Thank you for your candid remarks!! Your insight is invaluable!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska