Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 03:20 PM

169 posts, read 159,505 times

Advertisements

It's our wedding anniversary on Thursday and we are going out to dinner.

Have hit quite a few restaurants around here and has been hit or miss.

Can anyone in our area recommend a nice one we haven't ventured to yet?

We've been to
Don Joses - Kenai - love it
Louie's - Kenai - love it
The Bear's Den (now Caribou's) - Soldotna - ugh - spent over $100 and wanted all our money back
Buckets - Soldotna - loved it
Acapulco's - Kenai - UGH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 04:48 PM

455 posts, read 743,673 times
Burger Bus of course!

Old 06-14-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticState View Post
Burger Bus of course!
LOL oh yes there too - love those burgers BUT it IS our anniversary so want something w/a little more of a charming atmosphere

There is SkiMos but ate there once and only once -- yish - they're for sale anyway

Went to Frosos-- not bad but kind of like a Gordon Ramsey nightmare menu hahaha

Paradisos is overrated - little food for a large price

Old 06-14-2011, 05:02 PM

455 posts, read 743,673 times
Well if it's your anniversary, then the Funky Monkey for sure! Lol - OK maybe not but they make a mean grilled cheese.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:59 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,826,734 times
Well...take her down to Homer and do the Lands End thing on the spit. Great food, great setting, get a room, enjoy the outdoor hot tub, walk on the beach, nuff said!

You won't find anything close as good as that in Kenai or Soldotna. Trust me.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Well...take her down to Homer and do the Lands End thing on the spit. Great food, great setting, get a room, enjoy the outdoor hot tub, walk on the beach, nuff said!

You won't find anything close as good as that in Kenai or Soldotna. Trust me.

well Louie's was amazing

If we were to make a trip for the anniversary we'd head to Girdwood and Double Musky - one of the best places we have ever eaten

We'd like to stay around kenai/soldotna.

anything good in the Sterling area Rance? outside of black jacks lol (though guess that's considered soldotna)

btw we saw the ice cream cone building got bought or leased - bout time though didn't look like he was getting much business

Old 06-14-2011, 06:09 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,182,780 times
I agree with Rance. I do that at least once a season also. Throw in a visit to the Salty Dog. I also like the blank on first name - something Olive in Homer. Another place I like to eat at is 14 miles from Soldotna towards Homer. Not a romantic place but cheap food if you pay cash. Credit price and cash price. Horrible with names. starts with T lodge on right hand side. Sorry about the lack of complete names. Go for the night at Lands End!

Old 06-14-2011, 06:10 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,011 times
If your going to Homer then Capt. Pattie's Fish House (bright yellow building on the right, on the boardwalk entering the strip area on the spit) is good if you can beat the tourist as there is a waiting time but like Rance said "The Lands End" is very good.

Old 06-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
If your going to Homer then Capt. Pattie's Fish House (bright yellow building on the right, on the boardwalk entering the strip area on the spit) is good if you can beat the tourist as there is a waiting time but like Rance said "The Lands End" is very good.
LOVED Capt' Patties - actually stole their recipe for halibut in a cream sauce (waitress gave ingredients)

Old 06-14-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcountrygal View Post
I agree with Rance. I do that at least once a season also. Throw in a visit to the Salty Dog. I also like the blank on first name - something Olive in Homer. Another place I like to eat at is 14 miles from Soldotna towards Homer. Not a romantic place but cheap food if you pay cash. Credit price and cash price. Horrible with names. starts with T lodge on right hand side. Sorry about the lack of complete names. Go for the night at Lands End!
Fat Olives
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska