Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:15 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
What makes you think you can catch them from a kayak?
careful JoeJoe....s/he's a Vietnam vet for chrissakes and no one is going to push s/he around and tell s/he what or how s/he can or can't fish or whether it is legal or not! hahhaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 08:41 PM

8 posts, read 25,786 times
You think it's funny to sit on the Internet in your anonymous little cave and bash someone who served his country? This country is going to sh** anyway and people like you are taking it there.

I came here and signed up for one of those accounts because I wanted to know more about hooligans and not a single reasonable answer. You're all a bunch of little kids with no brains in your heads. I don't know what a troll is but if I am one I'm a hell of a lot richer and having more fun doing it than you.

-Simon

Old 08-01-2011, 08:44 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SM Balzac View Post
You folks are long in the tooth for laws and such but not too sharp on the fishin I take it.
Yes, we aren't too bright, so go ahead on your kayak and catch some fish. You can always tell the F&G officers than hang on shore that you are too old and forgetful. Oh, and grip the kayak real tight until your knuckles turn white while the high tide rolls in

Old 08-01-2011, 09:05 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,633,582 times
A hooligan ain't nothing but a smelt. Here in WI a smelt fry is a bigger event than the Super Bowl.

Salty fish and beer. A rite of passage in the Dairy Aire state.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:07 PM

2,795 posts, read 5,617,571 times
Quote:

I came here and signed up for one of those accounts because I wanted to know more about hooligans and not a single reasonable answer.

-Simon
I provided a link for you to the ADF&G website for hooligan fishing.
And here's two articles from the ADN:
Fishermen gather to intercept hooligan | adn.com
Hooligan Fishing Twentymile River: Fishing | Alaska news at adn.com

But even with this info, it is illegal for non-residents to participate in a personal use fishery. And a kayak in the Turnagain Arm is suicide. So... good luck with that.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:12 PM

164 posts, read 282,226 times
Quote:
You think it's funny to sit on the Internet in your anonymous little cave and bash someone who served his country? This country is going to sh** anyway and people like you are taking it there.

I came here and signed up for one of those accounts because I wanted to know more about hooligans and not a single reasonable answer. You're all a bunch of little kids with no brains in your heads. I don't know what a troll is but if I am one I'm a hell of a lot richer and having more fun doing it than you.

-Simon
You received several reasonable answers. They just weren't what u wanted to hear. And it wasn't until after u said u were going to ignore the laws that the replies turned a 'tad' sarcastic.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:28 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,024,608 times
Quote:
Hey a buddy of mine tells tales of hooligan fishing S of Anchorage and it sounds like a lot of fun.
Fun? I think at least one person dies every year on the highway down there due to the crowds and the idjit drivers.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,137,109 times
Lighten up Ballsack.

Old 08-02-2011, 04:37 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:

-Simon
the use of being a "Vietnam Vet" is lame...does not "buy" you any respect when one clearly shows, blatant disregard for laws, blatant disregard for info given regarding such, rudness, arrogance attitude. Too bad the military didn't teach you manners, respect of laws etc....
welcome to the Alaska forum where members particularly the long time AK residents will cut people with the above attributes no slack and will give no help. You get back what you put out.

@AKstafford...And a kayak in the Turnagain Arm is suicide. So... good luck with that. dang...don't go telling him about the bore-tide and such...this is how nature culls out the idjits of the world!

Last edited by blueflames50; 08-02-2011 at 04:56 AM..

Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Hooligan (not just an Anc term...it's The proper term) are gross. Very oily. Smoked is the best in my opinion but still oily. Like eating a fishy slim jim that laid in the dirt next to a camp fire for a day or two.
I've never heard of commercially fishing them. And only a tard would buy them to eat. Maybe for bait. We used to catch them as kids in the Kenai River right in Sterling, and then we'd burry them in the garden for fertilizer. Some peole might deep fry them like my family did in MN with smelt. I could never eat those either.

I highly recommend fishing them from a kayak, in the middle of the mouth of twenty mile river. With a dipnet. Amongst the other 3,000 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska