Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 04:03 PM

147 posts, read 226,302 times

Advertisements

no but i have visited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,781,432 times
Where did everyone run off to ?? Oops. (they found out they were wrong)

Old 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinful71 View Post
maybe instead of closing all these threads that Sity mukes up with his lies and tirades, someone should just ban Sity from posting. i for one am sick and tired of him getting off topic and ruining good threads about important things. why should we all suffer for his ignorance .
Well, while personal attacks on others in this forum should be curbed by the moderator, S.D. should have as much freedom to post his opinions as anybody else's. However, the number's S.D. posted can be found on newsprint as well as on the Internet.

According to the Federal Government we have around 20 billion barrels of oil in reserves. These "reserves" are supposed to be areas that contain "proven or certain" amounts of recoverable oil at the present market price and technology. But the Federal Government itself has declared some of these areas off limits to development.

Also, there have been numerous areas through the US (on and offshore) where large amounts of oil have been discovered, including the one I started this thread with. AND all of these new areas where oil can be extracted with present technology are not part of the US oil reserves President Obama has spoken of recently. Again, the US oil reserves are in proven locations and declared amounts of recoverable oil with present technology at current market value. It means that since technology changes each day, the 20 billion is not a fixed number. Another point: the oil development taking place in North Dakota is not part of the US oil reserves, but in the private sector. The bottom line is that while the US may have around 20 billion barrels of oil in its reserves, there are much larger amounts of oil and natural gas throughout the US than the present US reserves.

Last edited by RayinAK; 03-11-2012 at 04:30 PM..

Old 03-11-2012, 07:43 PM

941 posts, read 1,791,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
All I did was copy & paste an article READ THE ARTICLE !! WOW !!!

The very first sentence was mine - everything after that was copy & paste !! Wow!!

I guess your mad because it was written by Rush Limbaugh's brother ???
"That was a cut and paste"? I read the article and the editing you applied left out 90% of the author's printed words. You can't even get it straight when you respond. If you intended to plagiarize someone else's words then you should at least use all his words. The meanings you applied to his article changed a lot of what he said. Your quote which I referenced wasn't even in his article but was your own interpretation of what he wrote. His article contains no sources just allusions to where he claims it to be taken from.

And Ray I didn't give my opinion just pointed out where he used weasel words to convey a meaning the original author didn't include in what he wrote. But regardless S-D said it all above; he doesn't have an original thought just a "cut and paste" which wasn't even an accurate rendition of the facts.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:34 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
In the emerging globalized (demonized, probably from your point of view over there in Left Field) economy, all jobs are temporary. And no legislative tinkering can change that.

The energy needs of the country will bea ddressed via the interplay of supply and demand, as always. All the people on your side of the fence can accomplish is to make the process less responsive, and more costly.
I'm not in left field, but I'm no globalist. What's to support about destroying the quality of life in the developed world and exploiting and enslaving the people of the developing world? I'd like to see such high tariffs on third world imports it ends trade with them.

We don't have a free market. We have corporatism. Big oil depends on the government's help. Waging wars to keep foreign oil flowing, etc. The "market" won't solve our problems when these corporations with all their influence on our government make sure nothing has a chance.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:33 AM

111 posts, read 243,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
You can license and ride on the streets in Montana and Wyoming. You can't ride them on the freeways though.
Not true in Wyoming - you will get a ticket - my son did and paid a 48 dollar fine

Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Any news on the development of this discovery??..

Old 11-11-2012, 01:35 PM

111 posts, read 243,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Any news on the development of this discovery??..
There has been no "discovery" because no exploratory wells have been drilled into these source-rock formations

Old 11-11-2012, 07:14 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,284,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by induchman View Post
I don't know of a single state that allows atv's for street use. Never have seen one with a license plate.
They may be regulated on a local basis in some places. It's apparently not allowed in most of Alaska (at least in towns on the road system), but it's perfectly fine in Valdez to ride a 4-wheeler, side-by-side, or snowmachine on any street aside from the highway. They don't need any licensing or registration. My boyfriend took his wheeler on the ferry to Cordova once as a teenager without realizing you couldn't ride them on the street there. It's completely normal here to see wheelers and snowmachines parked outside the post office or the grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska