Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 06:46 PM

162 posts, read 362,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
If everyone would band together and OCCUPY the White House - in record numbers of peaceful demonstration we might get some much needed results from the most transparent administration in the history of the United States of America - see? Everything is the exact opposite of what Obitler claims!

Health Care won't add one dime to the deficit - 1.76 TRILLION but not a dime more!!
Get real. The Japanese have a health care system provided by the government and their health care costs are among the lowest in the developed world.
We can't afford not to fix our broken health care system.

Also, have you heard of Godwin's law?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:26 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAuke View Post
Get real. The Japanese have a health care system provided by the government and their health care costs are among the lowest in the developed world.

Despite the proven fact: 85% of the American people are against it!!

Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Against what, Godwin's Law?

Old 05-11-2012, 07:54 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Quote:
I'm not agreeing with your percentage but even if that many were against it, it's because they've been brainwashed by propaganda very well and don't even know it. So many other 1st world countries laugh at the United States because of how easily manipulated we are-countries that enjoy better health care and standards of living.

Now before somebody gets the urge to tell me to move there, I am an American and I would like for us to improve this country.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I'm not agreeing with your percentage but even if that many were against it, it's because they've been brainwashed by propaganda very well and don't even know it. So many other 1st world countries laugh at the United States because of how easily manipulated we are-countries that enjoy better health care and standards of living.

Now before somebody gets the urge to tell me to move there, I am an American and I would like for us to improve this country.
I also question Sity's statistic of 85% against PPACA - but he is correct that it is largely unpopular. It only passed by a handful of votes - and the SCOTUS case is likely to come back against ObamaCare. We are not Europe - and our health care system can be reformed without passing a heavy handed law that creates even more problems. I believe that PPACA will be found unconstitutional - and that if the 15 proposals that Republican members of Congress attempted to place into PPACA, which were rejected by the Democrats, are implemented - that our health care system will be streamlined, made "healthier", all without having to place unconstitutional mandates on people as a condition for them for breathing air.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
The Dem, and the Rep don't have anyone worth a squat running. We need an average Joe American for president.
Like "Joe Sixpack"? or "Joe the Plumber"?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM

811 posts, read 1,317,709 times
Quote:
Close tax loopholes and simplify the tax code- why in the world should I, a full time healthcare worker and part time student living in a 400 square foot apartment, pay a higher tax rate than billionaires with three homes who hide their money in Swedish bank accounts and vacation in the tropics while I get vomited on by chronic inebriates in the emergency room who are shuttled between the jail and the hospital because our system is so messed up that no one has any clue what to do with them?
You don't have to worry about them having Swiss acounts, many businesses are taking there headquarters out of the USA. If the rich pay 15% so sould everyone else in the US.

You will see more of this in the future.

Eduardo Saverin, the billionaire co- founder of Facebook Inc. (FB), renounced his U.S. citizenship before an initial public offering that values the social network at as much as $96 billion, a move that may reduce his tax bill.

Facebook Co-Founder May Gain Choosing Singapore Over U.S. - Bloomberg

Old 05-11-2012, 08:38 PM

811 posts, read 1,317,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Like "Joe Sixpack"? or "Joe the Plumber"?
Sure not Obama. Even Bill Clinton calls hims an "armature"

Bill Clinton calls Obama ‘amateur’ president: book - NYPOST.com

Old 05-11-2012, 09:11 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:

They have the lowest health care costs cause they are not fat and obese like millions and millions of Americans. Attack the obesity and laziness problem in America and health care costs will come down.

A few questions. Why is it the governments problem to do anything about health care costs? Why is it there responsibility? Why can't Amercian grow up and take care of their own health care? Geez, the government can't even properly regulate the amount of cream filling in a Hostess Twinke!!!

Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM

162 posts, read 362,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild_to View Post
You don't have to worry about them having Swiss acounts, many businesses are taking there headquarters out of the USA. If the rich pay 15% so sould everyone else in the US.
Certainly. My argument is not that the rich should be taxed more- merely that they should be taxed the same, it's really only fair.
What tax rate we should pay, I don't really know. It depends on how much the government actually needs to perform its functions- and based on what I have seen with the GSA scandal I can't help but wonder if what the government needs is to be given less. That said, every time congress is asked to trim something it seems like social programs for poor women and children get thrown on the chopping block which speaks to me of a major problem with priorities that needs to be addressed both within government and in our society as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska