Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Palin said she could see Russia from her house?
Yes 9 18.75%
No 39 81.25%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 10:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times

Advertisements

Comparing Obama to psychopathic despots is rather an insult to those who died in the camps and ghettos of that era. Those were truly dreadful times when the simple act of expressing a dissenting political opinion could result in a person's brains being literally splattered against the nearest stone wall. The fact that politics are allowed to be discussed in the Alaska forum is sheer proof that we aren't living in that sort of society.

This thread is about as silly as it gets. The Palins live in Arizona now, and again, it simply wasn't commonly thought that Tina Fey and the Palien were the same person, and saying it over and over again just won't make it so. People voted the way that they did for reasons other than that, and these constant attempts at leveling personal attacks against those who don't "think" a certain way are tedious at best and boorish at worst. Political jokes are commonplace in our society; I'm pretty sure that any of us here could dig up old jokes aimed at Obama during the 2008 race if we didn't have better things to do.

Those who comprise the tea party are members of a dying demographic; they've been crying that the sky is falling ever since a brown man got elected to the country's highest office. Cry if you must, but understand that every time you start blaring that the country's more like Hitler's Germany every day, you're insulting not only the 6 million+ people who were murdered under that regime, but their ancestors as well. That analogy is nothing but a scare tactic designed for and aimed right at the uneducated and has absolutely nothing to do with modern reality.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 07-31-2013 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 02:08 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Matt Marcinkiewicz feels that if you've posted all 19,427 times in the 3rd person, that has to be worth some sort of monetary prize from city-data.
Harrier has done no such thing.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:57 AM

7 posts, read 9,411 times
Here's my two cents on this...i am actually african american who didn't vote for anyone nor do i listen to politics..i have voted before when i turned 18 (i was happy i could vote) but since never. My view is politics is a way of life and they will do anything or say anything to keep it. Hey when you have money and governing power over people who wouldn't. Now facts or lies matter none because as someone said earlier people have their own opinions. I as a man will never elect another man to lead me, but will i walk beside him into battle yes. To me politicians are crooks using our money to parade around and do what they want. Take them out of the equation and where does boosters money go? Ever since i first learned of government checks and balances i always wondered whats the point of a president if he cant out right do anything on his own. Bills have to be passed to each house and approved and still can be stop by the president and the other way around. And dont get me started on the supreme courts final say in matters who are they to be the deciding factor? All the time you hear of these politicians getting caught for dumb stuff, soliciting prostitutes, spending money on things they're not supposed to, accepting gifts that's not supposed to, Drugs and alcohol. My point is the people we elect to lead us are just that people, and they are the same as us, they have wants desires and habits also some good some bad. i love my country and will fight for inch grain of sand on it beside whoever black white blue or green. I just will not be told to go fight while he or she is in a secure location.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:42 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,577,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Comparing Obama to psychopathic despots is rather an insult to those who died in the camps and ghettos of that era. Those were truly dreadful times when the simple act of expressing a dissenting political opinion could result in a person's brains being literally splattered against the nearest stone wall. The fact that politics are allowed to be discussed in the Alaska forum is sheer proof that we aren't living in that sort of society.

This thread is about as silly as it gets. The Palins live in Arizona now, and again, it simply wasn't commonly thought that Tina Fey and the Palien were the same person, and saying it over and over again just won't make it so. People voted the way that they did for reasons other than that, and these constant attempts at leveling personal attacks against those who don't "think" a certain way are tedious at best and boorish at worst. Political jokes are commonplace in our society; I'm pretty sure that any of us here could dig up old jokes aimed at Obama during the 2008 race if we didn't have better things to do.

Those who comprise the tea party are members of a dying demographic; they've been crying that the sky is falling ever since a brown man got elected to the country's highest office. Cry if you must, but understand that every time you start blaring that the country's more like Hitler's Germany every day, you're insulting not only the 6 million+ people who were murdered under that regime, but their ancestors as well. That analogy is nothing but a scare tactic designed for and aimed right at the uneducated and has absolutely nothing to do with modern reality.
Well you are right when you refer "Comparing Obama to psychopathic despots", but all throughout history, these type of people were very Charismatic and were very popular to the masses in the early years. Hitler was a very good example of such a person. In the mid 1930's Hitler had a huge world wide following, even Henry Ford was a huge fan of Hitler. He even build a car plant there. In the late 1930's.

Mao was also very positive to his followers, yet we on see or remover these "Despots" after they have killed millions.

Will Obama turn out to be a Hitler? I have no idea, but many of his actions and the minions that blindly follow him unquestionly, aren't much different than those that have brought down nations. There is a long list of black leaders that I think would make a great President. Obama isn't one of them, he is a blatant liar, one only has to look at what he says and look on youtube and in his own words he says different or does different. Yet when a conservative says anything, the left will fabricate claims that are either taken out of context or plain fabricate false stories.

As for nobody believing Palin's statement, as of now, 6 people that voted clearly believe she did. A few don't supprise me at all though, I rather expected they would from past experiances.

Obamacare never has been about making the healthcare better, it's about control. The government will now control all of your information, just as they record all your calls and Internet posts and sites visited, yet even a year ago nobody would have believed it as possible.

We are giving away our privacy and freedoms without firing a shot. And yet the public thinks all is well, which is the thinking of cows and sheep being led to slaughter.

As for the Teaparty, they are alive and doing very well. Come this next election cycle they will be back in force. What they believe in is having politicians that took the oath of office to respect and honor it, and be be accountable to that oath. It is made up of all races, and political parties, although the left likes to lambast them, they really are clueless to just how many people that truly believe in the Constitution.

Voting is the only peaceful way of change, after that it goes downhill quickly.

Last edited by starlite9; 08-08-2013 at 09:53 PM..

Old 08-09-2013, 02:33 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,960 times
[quote=starlite9;30879682] As for the Teaparty, they are alive and doing very well. Come this next election cycle they will be back in force. What they believe in is having politicians that took the oath of office to respect and honor it, and be be accountable to that oath. It is made up of all races, and political parties, although the left likes to lambast them, they really are clueless to just how many people that truly believe in the Constitution.
quote]

This is the type of statement that is frequently made before elections and is best left to answer after the election.

The fore runners of the Tea Party (notice that I did capitalize it) was the third partys that made a number of attempts to run a candidate for President in the recent past. They used various names that supposedly signified their beliefs. "States Rights" was one and the candidates were some historical figures such as George Wallace. All of them garnered a very small percentage of the votes cast and they are today lost to history. That heap of forgotten words will soon see the tea party as the latest ornament to adorn that trash pile. Recently a group has been running ads on TV saying the same words and calling them selves "60Plus.org". In their advertisements they are calling out the AARP using the term "liberal agenda" to say that's what this motley crew are against at this time. A portion of their ad demeans those who are for gun control and they cry about energy such as coal being another part of the "liberal agenda". The words in the ad are the same ones used in the past and a visit to their web site has a view of the "Donate Now" button. The AARP is an organization for senior citizens and to my knowledge this is the first time some fringe group has put that organization at the head of their list of those deserving hate speech. What is unusual about this group is they don't mention any of the present leaders although they use the same words. They just rebranded them. Here they trumpet "Alabama Values" and Goggling that term brings up some shameful events from our history. I'm not saying the group is from Alabama just in this State on TV they are choosing to identify locally. By the way Met is correct in that the present name for the circus is going to history's trash bin and with the advent of nationwide advertising this new group will pick and choose their new lead candidate. The philosophy they espouse is part and parcel of the disgraced remnants from the shameful part of out history that has be discarded so many times in the past.

Last edited by richelles; 08-09-2013 at 03:04 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 12:20 AM

The Tea Party doesn't really have an Orginazation per say, it is a belief that these people from all parties believe that government has exceeded the legal Bounderies that the constitution sets.

That what liberals don't grasp and by your statements, you appear to not grasp those beliefs either.

I don't carry a "Card" like one would have as a Democrat or Republican. I'm conservative, and have very little respect for people that believe they need to save the world with my money, not theirs.

I also know many people that are able to work, but get public assistance just because they can. And yeah, I'm well aware that parts of the country has different levels of work avaible, but these folks choose not to even look.

The biggest fault is the politicians that use our tax dollars to buy their votes.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:20 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
I'm pretty sure that if Obama were going to put people in camps ala herr Hitler, that process would have commenced by now. I also don't really get the assertion that Obama has numerous "minions" that are following him "unquestionably." He's just another American president, and although he does have rather a higher approval rating than his predecessor, I really don't see the formation of the "Obama Youth" clouding the horizon anytime soon, so I wouldn't suggest buying stock in clothing companies that manufacture brown shirts.

The tea party isn't some Renaissance movement comprised of humanity's rainbow; it's the last angry snarlings of America's former status quo as they exit center stage, and the audience is hardly calling for an encore.

Anyway, back to the original intent of this post, I doubt that Alaska will be voting Joe Miller into office, and I have no doubt that his supporters will continue to level ad hominen attacks toward anyone who doesn't share their infatuation with this fuzzy-faced thug.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:09 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
The Tea Party doesn't really have an Orginazation per say, it is a belief that these people from all parties believe that government has exceeded the legal Bounderies that the constitution sets.

That what liberals don't grasp and by your statements, you appear to not grasp those beliefs either.

I don't carry a "Card" like one would have as a Democrat or Republican. I'm conservative, and have very little respect for people that believe they need to save the world with my money, not theirs.

I also know many people that are able to work, but get public assistance just because they can. And yeah, I'm well aware that parts of the country has different levels of work avaible, but these folks choose not to even look.

The biggest fault is the politicians that use our tax dollars to buy their votes.
When it comes to spending and freedom, Republicans are no better than Democrats and in fact are in many regards, WORSE! Republicans have done an amazing job manipulating their base into believing that they are for small government, low spending and freedom. I guess it's a good thing they have short memories aka Bush, Bush and Reagan. The Tea Party is just a bunch of hypocritical Christian old farts. They had no problem when Bush spent money overseas, yet they are bouncing off the walls Obama is spending money right here.

Has any Republican Administration significantly lowered our deficit in the past 20-30 years? NO! Government has grown enormous under Republican leadership as well. The only difference is Democrats don't straight up lie about their views on government where as Republicans do. When it comes to spending, Democrats and Republicans are the same. Actually, when you look historically, Democrats have been smaller spenders than Republicans. And now my favorite... liberty! This has to be the biggest joke. Republicans are against abortion, stem-cell research, marijuana, same-sex marriage etc. They believe they know better than a woman and want to tell you who you can love. Mmmhmm... and let's not even get to foreign policy.

Ron Paul was the only candidate that actually believed in small government, liberty and low spending and look at the Republican base treated him. They mocked him like he was "crazy old Uncle Ron".

Old 08-10-2013, 03:06 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
To say the tea party doesn't have an organization is like saying the IRS didn't approve any of the non for profits that the tea party people are saying were refused the status.

Even their chosen leader Rafael Edward Cruz who is one step dumber than Joe Miller is being called Mr. TEA. The best thing about Cruz is he was born in Canada so it appears we wont have to suffer him as our President which should make even the tea partiers exclaim with joy there are some good things in our government they prevent such radicals from being elected President. He has slashed and burned both democrats and republicans alike with his palaver. His favorite saying is "This is not the way it's done" regardless of the conversation. Being from Texass he is expected to be somewhat lacking as was his mentors George the much lesser and Rick (I forgot) Perry in having any ability to stop spending money.

For those of you who don't know where to find the tea party here are the top Goggle hits for that organization that doesn't exist.

www.naacp.org/TeaPartyTracker

Tea Party Patriots - Official Home of the American Tea Party Movement

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/

www.theteaparty.net/

View shared postwww.teapartyexpress.org

www.teapartyexpress.org

www.theteaparty.net

These are a few of the 6,030,000,000 hits that my search found. If you need more than these few feel free to Goggle TEA PARTY for more.

Last edited by richelles; 08-10-2013 at 03:29 PM..

Old 08-10-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
When it comes to spending and freedom, Republicans are no better than Democrats and in fact are in many regards, WORSE! Republicans have done an amazing job manipulating their base into believing that they are for small government, low spending and freedom. I guess it's a good thing they have short memories aka Bush, Bush and Reagan. The Tea Party is just a bunch of hypocritical Christian old farts. They had no problem when Bush spent money overseas, yet they are bouncing off the walls Obama is spending money right here.

Has any Republican Administration significantly lowered our deficit in the past 20-30 years? NO! Government has grown enormous under Republican leadership as well. The only difference is Democrats don't straight up lie about their views on government where as Republicans do. When it comes to spending, Democrats and Republicans are the same. Actually, when you look historically, Democrats have been smaller spenders than Republicans. And now my favorite... liberty! This has to be the biggest joke. Republicans are against abortion, stem-cell research, marijuana, same-sex marriage etc. They believe they know better than a woman and want to tell you who you can love. Mmmhmm... and let's not even get to foreign policy.

Ron Paul was the only candidate that actually believed in small government, liberty and low spending and look at the Republican base treated him. They mocked him like he was "crazy old Uncle Ron".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post

That is why I'm not a Dem or Repub, I'm a Conservative. I believe in small government, lower taxes and the ability of People to responsible for themselves. Those that harm others should be dealt with harshly and swiftly. Self defense of one's self and family is also a right.

As for those able to work and want to live at the government dole, then they can do public service like pick up trash along the roadways. Funny how many would get a real job if they were required to work for their upkeep!

I've always worked, even if I had to chop firewood, mow lawns or pick up trash, there is always something that others will pay you for that they don't want to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: