Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 12:09 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,515,104 times

Advertisements

Considering on the profile page the home page is Bob's, all doubt (not that there was much anyways) is removed.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:16 PM

8 posts, read 9,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
WOW just WOW!! Good luck keeping anyone there through the -60 in the winters let alone the place heated! There is a reason the homes are small. Takes a lot less to heat them!
I noted the fact. My working wish is to build a ultra luxury mid size home in McGarth. And build a few more homes like it for a parade of homes. Open up a lumber yard in town and a new general store. Is it possible to hook up all weather trailers for the construction workers to live in? I would use heavy construction helicopters for transport lumber and supplies from Anchorage. Have to do some understanding fact findings on the McGarth power plant. Don't laugh about McGarth, Alaska and Bob. Spring time it can happen. The first few stages. Will work with remote properties real estate for the Alaska lands. Maybe be good to build a logging road into McGarth?

Old 12-03-2013, 08:57 PM

941 posts, read 1,791,549 times
When I first found this OP's story and had looked at his profile page I thought why not claim that he had used a picture of my house. However the first ID-er's would probably have seen through the scam. Can't say anything about B-B since last time I was berated by another poster for piling on him. He is trying to set a record for the most new I-D's in a short period of time.

Old 12-03-2013, 09:20 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
When I first found this OP's story and had looked at his profile page I thought why not claim that he had used a picture of my house. However the first ID-er's would probably have seen through the scam. Can't say anything about B-B since last time I was berated by another poster for piling on him. He is trying to set a record for the most new I-D's in a short period of time.
If you have a problem being a cyber-bully you might want to seek professional help for that issue. No need to make fun of someone just for being different then you.

Old 12-04-2013, 03:54 AM

941 posts, read 1,791,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If you have a problem being a cyber-bully you might want to seek professional help.
You are the last person who should mention something like this. As the old saying goes "practice what you preach". In the years I've seen your posts that seems to be the exact way you treat almost every other poster. I gave up pointing out your lack of interpersonal skills long ago. If you want me to drop pointing out your cyber bulling then keep your trash talk remarks to your self and ignore my posts. I notice you knew the shoe fit when I mentioned the type of post you made.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
You are the last person who should mention something like this. As the old saying goes "practice what you preach". In the years I've seen your posts that seems to be the exact way you treat almost every other poster. I gave up pointing out your lack of interpersonal skills long ago. If you want me to drop pointing out your cyber bulling then keep your trash talk remarks to your self and ignore my posts. I notice you knew the shoe fit when I mentioned the type of post you made.
Quit bullying Bob and I'll quit pointing out your that you're being a bully. Simple stuff.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:58 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
I agree with both of you. There was a time when it seemed like Stiff didn't do much else with his life than sit on this board waiting for someone to post so that he could pounce on them with what was nothing short of absolute abuse. What was even worse was the way that it was allowed and even encouraged by the so-called moderation here. I'm still extremely wary of him for that reason, particularly since I was one of those who he always targeted, and his behavior toward me has a lot to do with the negative way that I view this forum and most of the people on it. The difference, however, is that I can fight back, especially when it comes to a war of words. Bob --- not so much.

I'm curious, richelles, about why it seems so important for you to jump on Bob every time he posts. He's not trying to fool anyone here by sneaking back with a new nick -- he's just being Bob. You remarks to him are absolutely cruel. What purpose do they serve? Do you get rep points from the other sophomoric cowards here for picking on Bob?

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-04-2013 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 04:23 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I'd really like to see an example of where I encouraged anyone to pounce on anyone. I have cut you just as much slack as anyone else on this forum Met. I can turn this place into a policed state like so many of the other CD forums and start handing out deletions, infractions and bannings if thats what you want. Makes no diff to me. We can have so-called moderation...or we can all follow the TOS to a "T" and I can start cleaning house today.

Old 12-04-2013, 04:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
I don't think you can show me one time where I ever piled up on someone like Bob, Rance. There's a huge difference between picking on someone your own size and acting like a schoolyard bully just because you smell blood.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 12-04-2013 at 05:14 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Ok good enough. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska