Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieJensen View Post
Keep US troops here in America to protect us and our borders. Put our "mercs" - prisoners to work overseas. What's the worst that could happen to them? Death, dismemberment, torture - yes, the reason they were imprisoned!
It isn't about what might "happen to them."

That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2014, 04:51 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,960,654 times
Why not just put a ankle GPS unit on them and its home to work, home to work. Pick up trash clean parks, sweep streets, etc. At least the nonviolent. If the GPS shows them in a place they're not supposed to be in then it's real jail in a cell.

At least that way people can keep their job and society won't have to feed and house them. Please don't talk about all the people in prison and the coming retirement problems. Many of those people locked up will make it to their 60s and beyond.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:59 PM

4,715 posts, read 10,517,187 times
Caltovegas - We have that already, it is called house arrest.

And probation has something called community control - schedules are written way in advance and spot checks are made. They mess up once and it is back to jail.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:28 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,112 times
What century have I wandered into?! Page 4 is a doozy.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:55 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
What century have I wandered into?! Page 4 is a doozy.
I don't know. 2 men were shoot in the back and killed. They never saw it coming and never even had the chance to defend themselves. All because they were doing the job that society wants them to do. Next someone will come along and say we should just do away with the police. Yep, that's what one of my mom's great, great uncles thought. John Wesley Hardin wasn't above taking the law into his own hands or just making up the law as he went along.

That's the answer. Just fire the cops. Lets all go back to the days of vigilante justice.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:26 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,564,539 times
There are people by their very nature are monsters and sadly, it isn't until they are caught after killing many people. Liberals claim that because a guy breaks into a house, murders the parents rapes a child then burns them all in the house, are somehow victims in their own right and yet this type of person is treated like the victim by liberals. It is a very sick society that harbors the killer with more rights than the victims.

I am fully for the death penalty for those that choose to do harm to others. In a few months the killers of the two State Troopers are going to finely have a trial in Nenana. This kid and his dad both deserve the death penalty, they have inflected a lot of pain to the people of their village long before they killed the troopers.

Liberals will do what they can to somehow justify that these two were "Victims" of society, which is a load of BS.

Nope, I have no feelings for monsters that hurt others for what ever their reason, I do also believe in self defense from these types, someone tries to break into a home, rape, or other such crimes and is killed by the victim is a "Win" for the good guys in my view.

Old 01-12-2015, 09:23 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
There are people by their very nature are monsters and sadly, it isn't until they are caught after killing many people. Liberals claim that because a guy breaks into a house, murders the parents rapes a child then burns them all in the house, are somehow victims in their own right and yet this type of person is treated like the victim by liberals. It is a very sick society that harbors the killer with more rights than the victims.

I am fully for the death penalty for those that choose to do harm to others. In a few months the killers of the two State Troopers are going to finely have a trial in Nenana. This kid and his dad both deserve the death penalty, they have inflected a lot of pain to the people of their village long before they killed the troopers.

Liberals will do what they can to somehow justify that these two were "Victims" of society, which is a load of BS.

Nope, I have no feelings for monsters that hurt others for what ever their reason, I do also believe in self defense from these types, someone tries to break into a home, rape, or other such crimes and is killed by the victim is a "Win" for the good guys in my view.
You would do a lot better if you left out the whole "liberal" thing. It just makes you look like a mouth-breather. I think most people have tired of the whole partisan charade. Politicians are the problem, not parties.

Old 01-13-2015, 11:54 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,302,629 times
^ Agreed, I believe the majority of people are good and they have distracted us with the red vs blue thing giving the illusion of a difference. Both of the parties are completely bought and paid for and completely out of touch with reality, have nothing in common with us, and really enjoy bending the common man over for their benefit, even if they pretend to be for the middle class. At least some have the common decency to lube us up before hand. It has turned into a my team vs your team thing when the reality is they are all screwing us, just in what form or fashion is the only difference. They are getting richer while the rest of us are getting poorer. Congress is getting richer - Jan. 12, 2015

Anyways, I hope both of the killers fry.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:52 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,102,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
You would do a lot better if you left out the whole "liberal" thing. It just makes you look like a mouth-breather. I think most people have tired of the whole partisan charade. Politicians are the problem, not parties.
Amen, friend.

My sentiments, exactly.

Old 01-14-2015, 08:58 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,172 times
Over the years I've watched Starlite use his 'liberals' to no good effect. I can say that when we used to meet in Anchorage to gab and swill coffee he didn't use the liberal hate talk with me. But then he considers me too liberal and I know it so he might have not tried to convert me. I think he is definitely handicapped by his conservative views and it comes out somewhat like diarrhea so your comments wont change his writing but they might modify his out look. Personally I don't trust the jury system to get it right and I don't want in any manner to be part of snuffing out an innocent's life so forget the capital punishment thing. Why not keep them in a cage for the rest of their life That way you can't make a mistake you can't correct.

Of course when stiffbrain comments you might just as soon pull the trigger on him as a vigilante.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska