Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 03:47 PM

941 posts, read 1,793,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The American political party system is based on having two parties that tell people what to do in different areas. Republicans tell people what they can do sexually and in other social areas. Democrats tell people what they have to do with their money or how their business has to be operated.
You need to learn to read more widely. Democrats are responsible for things like medicare, social security, civil rights, universal suffrage, and many other decent things. Republicans are against each of the above which puts them at odds with the beliefs of most decent Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2014, 03:58 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,950,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
You need to learn to read more widely. Democrats are responsible for things like medicare, social security, civil rights, universal suffrage, and many other decent things. Republicans are against each of the above which puts them at odds with the beliefs of most decent Americans.
You need to venture out of partisan fantasy land if you think that both parties aren't interested in telling the average person what to do and how to live their lives.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:41 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,398,794 times
Quote:
you need to learn to read more widely. Democrats are responsible for things like medicare, social security, civil rights, universal suffrage, and many other decent things. Republicans are against each of the above which puts them at odds with the beliefs of most decent americans.
hahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,194,364 times
Quote:
You forgot, "Obamacare," and the way they are handling ebola

Well, in my view the Republican's aren't doing any better than the Democrats relating to controlling ebola, since both are for open borders, amnesty to illegals, and open flight routes from West Africa to the US. Maybe they don't want to close the borders nor to stop travel from West Africa as a political move? After all, closing the borders would go against the future amnesty deals that's taking place after the nearing elections.

But the worst thing the Democrats have done is to send nearly 4,000 soldiers to West Africa, and having the Republicans stay quiet about it is second.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowtotheworld View Post
How come practically no one who is participating in this thread(with the exception of one) is an Alaskan?

Could it be that the homophiles are trying to portray a false sense of acceptance in Alaska for this judicial tyranny?
Well, like in some other States, a great majority of Alaskans voted yes to the definition of marriage. More than likely other Alaskans are not responding to this thread because it seems that our vote means nothing to the judicial system. But I can only speak for myself on this matter.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 PM

406 posts, read 756,654 times
Every time I express my opinion on a public board I'm attacked. Called names.

I'm for getting rid of all financial benefits for marriage it is not fair to single people gay or strait!

I also don't think that abnormal behavior should be considered normal.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitgreb View Post

I'm for getting rid of all financial benefits for marriage it is not fair to single people gay or strait!

All depends. Married couples with children may have certain financial benefits over married couples without children, and oven over unmarried couples. But married couples, each member earning high wages, would pay a lot more taxes by filing jointly. In this case it may be better for each to file separate rather than jointly. Also, in a household where one of the two is the only income earner, there are more financial benefits.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:25 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,643 times
Quote:

Exactly, I completely agree.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:42 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,495,242 times
Quote:

First of all, single people have the option of getting married. Second, being gay is not abnormal, it is completely normal as an expression of human and animal sexuality. See no name calling.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
First of all, single people have the option of getting married. Second, being gay is not abnormal, it is completely normal as an expression of human and animal sexuality. See no name calling.
That's another reason why you won't see too many people responding to this thread. What is normal to one side is a deviation from normal to the other side, and discussing such would end on personal attacks. The subjects of sexuality, religion, and politics can turn very emotional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska