Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 11:06 PM

624 posts, read 1,161,418 times

Advertisements

Good gosh, I am rolling in the floor crying after seeing those photos....but thanks millions for posting them Warptman , see what you are gonna be seeing Doshi?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM

122 posts, read 573,179 times
Those were some great pics.

I'll have to remember to pack the camera next week when I slaughter the Missouri walleye.

Give you some pics of the lower-48's kukoskwim(?)

Old 03-20-2008, 11:59 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,123,667 times
Kuskokwim, close enough.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 AM

Go up to Fairbanks and see the airplane boneyard of Brooks Fuel and Everts.

More of Denali, you can drive the first 15 miles in the spring before all the tourons show up.

Fairbanks area

Nothing like sitting at Lake Hood and watch planes take off and land.

Willow Air

K2 in Talkeetna

Anchorage International again

Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,158,308 times
Wow! I am printing this thread for my future Alaska trip.
The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that I just cannot take one of those cruises. I have to do a "land" vacation so never too early to start planning.

WARPTMAN- Those pics of Denali - were all of those in May?

Old 03-21-2008, 01:30 PM

The shots of Denali were taken in April as was the Fairbanks shots. The shots of Anchorage were taken sometime in August. All from last year.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:35 AM

2 posts, read 4,424 times
Default Moving also in May

We are also planning on moving sometime in may or early june to wasilla area.we are selling the house,arranging an auction to sell our household items ,shipping the car and flying there.it has been talked about for many years,i have an uncle and a cousin near willow,but will not be staying there,so will be looking for a small decent rental..they say the winters are the same as where i live in the upper peninsula of michigan so snow is no big deal,i shovel and have a parka...just hope we can find jobs in the wasilla area.ive heard people who live there say why move here,well ive tried everywhere else and probably will never leave for the lower 48 again once im there

Old 03-24-2008, 10:52 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecj7 View Post
We are also planning on moving sometime in may or early june to wasilla area.we are selling the house,arranging an auction to sell our household items ,shipping the car and flying there.it has been talked about for many years,i have an uncle and a cousin near willow,but will not be staying there,so will be looking for a small decent rental..they say the winters are the same as where i live in the upper peninsula of michigan so snow is no big deal,i shovel and have a parka...just hope we can find jobs in the wasilla area.ive heard people who live there say why move here,well ive tried everywhere else and probably will never leave for the lower 48 again once im there
Actually, the winters in the Wasilla area are milder than you are used to in upper Michigan. Sure there will be a couple days when it will drop below -20°F each winter, but it doesn't happen often or last very long. The closest I think Wasilla comes to the lower-48 winter temperatures can be found around Omaha, NE (with a bit more snow).

Wasilla has grown more in the last couple years than any other city in Alaska. Between 2000 and 2005 Wasilla has grown by 54%. So there should be quite a few job opportunities. If you can avoid it, don't take a job in Anchorage while renting in Wasilla. The rents are only slightly cheaper in Wasilla than in Anchorage, and certainly not worth the hour drive each way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska