Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 09:55 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,106,676 times

Advertisements

Aarrgghh, for folks who want to be together, you two live complicated lives!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 09:59 PM

143 posts, read 564,179 times
Ah, have I mentioned how much I love city-data? You folks are priceless. I only hope when I become immersed in the Alaskan way of life, I'll be able to help out some wayward traveler much like myself.

I think I'll try to take a couple cuttings from the more hardy plants and then(deep breath) have someone send up the rest. Honestly the only one that I would love to bring with me is the peace lily, the others can be replaced pretty easily - even if I might have named them in secret...

Old 05-31-2008, 11:06 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allforcats View Post
Aarrgghh, for folks who want to be together, you two live complicated lives!
Well she is finishing up school and has mass amounts of tests etc. I don't need to distract her from any of that. And I'm starting a new job, have a garden to put in, fish to catch-smoke and jar, a log cabin to build, a house to get in order, a wedding to think about...yeah...it get's mind boggling at times.

I waited 16 years just to meet this fine lady...another few months won't kill me. Although I think time is dragging it's behind...she feels it's going fast! Another month apart is going to hurt...but man will it ever be worth the wait when she get's here.

OP yes maybe take some small cuttings you can stash for the crossing. Heck I'll give you cuttings from all of mine if you want when you do get here. I have a great selection to choose from.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:12 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,106,676 times
Only a month left! Lovely... lovely to see the dream materialize. I send you my happiest energies to help you complete all that good stuff! :-)

Old 06-01-2008, 12:45 AM

143 posts, read 564,179 times
I envy your relationship bliss Rance! I move around way too much but I'd love to meet a reason to stay put someday.

And I'm thinking of going with a plan A and B. A: My pretty peace lily, and some obvious out in the open cuttings. B: Secretly stashed extra cuttings for that just in case A-hole at the border who takes the others. lol

Either way, I'm always up for plant sharing! Having my own garden... ah, someday - until then I just fill up my living spaces with houseplants!

Old 12-13-2009, 09:17 AM

7 posts, read 16,777 times
Default house plants

SaraB82, Did you make it across the border ok with your plants? We are getting ready to drive up to Alaska and have some house plants. And I was just wondering if you made it ok with yours?

Thanks! Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahB82 View Post
Ah, have I mentioned how much I love city-data? You folks are priceless. I only hope when I become immersed in the Alaskan way of life, I'll be able to help out some wayward traveler much like myself.

I think I'll try to take a couple cuttings from the more hardy plants and then(deep breath) have someone send up the rest. Honestly the only one that I would love to bring with me is the peace lily, the others can be replaced pretty easily - even if I might have named them in secret...

Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,498 times
We have bought a rv in Georgia, wanting to go to Alaska. We have to pass through Canada, Can we pass with a temporary registration?

Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,694,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicaDo View Post
We have bought a rv in Georgia, wanting to go to Alaska. We have to pass through Canada, Can we pass with a temporary registration?
Yes, as long as the temp is good for the entire trip and you have your insurance verification.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:43 PM

437 posts, read 816,205 times
As far as I know you need current passports for all people in the vehicle(s). You need to have current lisence plates (tags) on all vehicles you are crossing borders with. So are you saying that you just bought a new RV and you do not have the tags yet? If you have the proper documentation from the DMV I would think it would be fine. Also proof of vehicle insurance...

Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicaDo View Post
unless your leaving in a few days why would you run on a Temporary registration??? it possibly can raise suspicions at the border....any infractions on anyone of your records, DUI's, misdemeanors, even speeding tickets will cause a crossing border person to scrutinize everyone and can lead to a strip search of the RV....believe me a strip vehicle search is not fun....they will take it apart, remove door panels, ceiling panels etc if they "feel" like it and you have to put it back together! seen it done several times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska