Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:21 AM

7,500 posts, read 5,747,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susitna-flower View Post
Same bug hit my folks back in 1959....start looking now for a job...I don't know what you or your husband do, but the medical field is wide open up here right now....
Hi susitna-flower,

This is Dawn's hubby.

The wife already covered her part, she is in the medical field. I am in the Information Technology/Administration field and have been for 25+ years.I have talked with the AEG group about professional placement and they are telling me that I will have no problem finding something in my field. Now, that is a leap of faith considering... isn't it

Last edited by Crossfire600; 06-10-2008 at 07:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
If you plan on taking the ferry, get your tickets now if you can. We got ours about 2 weeks ago and the earliest we could board was Sept. 12. Our route is different then yours, heading all the way up to Whittier, but I would still check things our with the ferry.
That brings up a good question.. what is the temp's like in late Sept or early October up the Southeast coast? We are bringing a doggie with us and I don't want her to freeze....

Old 06-10-2008, 07:26 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,802,580 times
crossfire, where are you moving from?

Old 06-10-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
crossfire, where are you moving from?
Jerome, Pa.... we are about 100 miles east of Pittsburgh in the Laurel Mountains.... I think Xa'at mentioned having some family just north of us.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 AM

then you should be fine temp wise during that time, no need to rush out and buy a parka right now.
the nights shoukd be down in the 30's and the day temps should be in the high 40's.
it really dosn't get cold here till thasnksgiving, Dec, Jan, and Feb are traditionally our coldest months.
but in sept and oct it should stll be wet.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:53 AM

in fact, don't sweat buying anything really winter related yet. in Oct Fred Myers has it's annual "oh crap, winter's coming soon" sale and name brand (Columbia, etc) stuff is on sale for a week.

have you lined up a place to stay yet? that really should be your priority at the moment.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
then you should be fine temp wise during that time, no need to rush out and buy a parka right now.
the nights shoukd be down in the 30's and the day temps should be in the high 40's.
it really dosn't get cold here till thasnksgiving, Dec, Jan, and Feb are traditionally our coldest months.
but in sept and oct it should stll be wet.
Danny,

I live for winters.. We ride sleds, or as you folks call them snowmachines, all winter.. We plan on take a couple of weeks to re-acquire the items that are necessary up there.. Good to know the weather will or should be ok for my doggie. I don't want her freezing in the car for three days to Juneau from Bellingham..

Old 06-10-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
in fact, don't sweat buying anything really winter related yet. in Oct Fred Myers has it's annual "oh crap, winter's coming soon" sale and name brand (Columbia, etc) stuff is on sale for a week.

have you lined up a place to stay yet? that really should be your priority at the moment.
Here is thing with that, we are not going to make any firm plans until the house is sold. When it sells we are gone... If it doesn't sell by mid Sept we might wait until next spring although I believe it will sell pretty quick. Our realitor in Juneau tells us that home sellers are renting homes for extra income until they sell so we should be ok.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

I don't want her freezing in the car for three days to Juneau from Bellingham..
the car hold area is climate controled. your dog will be more comfortable than you will be.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
the car hold area is climate controled. your dog will be more comfortable than you will be.
Your joking right? We are going to get a two-berth cabin...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska