Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:25 AM

4,731 posts, read 9,944,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
My wife assumes the role of both... she asks me about certain things but I am ready to leave with a suitcase and that's it...
Other than my medical and financial records, I'm willing to head up with the cats and just the clothes on my back LOL. DH, on the other hand, seems a bit more attached to his stuff. Which is why I'm starting the purge slow and early. I figure, in 9 months, I might be able to pry some of it away from him -- kinda like birth
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 08:00 PM

7,498 posts, read 5,748,793 times
Hi Missingall4!
(this is Crossfire's wife)
I think there really is an emotional - thoughtful process that occurs behind the scenes as one prepares to make this move. Stuff I thought I needed to be content don't seem as important as I work at cleaning out our house.

Part of this decision for me has been "what" to take as much as "who" I'm taking (referring to me). It's caused me to look at my work skills as much as my personality ...and just "who" do I see myself being when I get there?........hmmm.
Deep stuff.
Hope the journey is coming along for you, too!

Dawn

Old 06-12-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Hi Missingall4!
(this is Crossfire's wife)
I think there really is an emotional - thoughtful process that occurs behind the scenes as one prepares to make this move. Stuff I thought I needed to be content don't seem as important as I work at cleaning out our house.

Part of this decision for me has been "what" to take as much as "who" I'm taking (referring to me). It's caused me to look at my work skills as much as my personality ...and just "who" do I see myself being when I get there?........hmmm.
Deep stuff.
Hope the journey is coming along for you, too!

Dawn
I know... it's not just changing location, but trying to change lifestyle as well. A friend of mine asked what I thought was truly important enough for me to take with me... my cats, my files, my music collection, one photo album, and a little brass piggy bank my grandfather made cuz everything else is unnecessary or replacable. Of course, I'm farther ahead in the "divesting" process than DH is, but I'm sure things will work out sooner or later.

Very deep stuff Good luck!

Old 06-27-2008, 07:19 PM

Okay - our house is on the market after a few weeks of painting, cleaning, buffing, shining and losing my mind!

Hopefully we'll be fighting off all the bids and getting ready to be Cheechakos!
Here's to cracking some crab claws in Juneau by my b-day in November!

Dawn and Doug

Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 AM

Congrats you two! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes for a speedy and profitable sale. Hope you make it up for you birthday... with time to spare

Old 06-28-2008, 07:39 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,162,566 times
~fingers crossed~ that the house sells fast and you both are on your way soon to whale watch with us! We went on the Orca whale watch today and it was awesome!!

Quote:
Okay - our house is on the market after a few weeks of painting, cleaning, buffing, shining and losing my mind!

Hopefully we'll be fighting off all the bids and getting ready to be Cheechakos!

Dawn and Doug

Old 06-28-2008, 09:03 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,789 times
Quote:

Dawn and Doug
Good luck to you. My wife and I talked about it off-and-on for a year or two and when the opportunity arose, we jumped on it. We've been in our new house since June 6th and absolutely love it here.

The only negative thing has been the fact that some folks like Xa'at said that mosquitoes are Alaska's state bird and they weren't joking. My one leg looks like I took a shotgun blast of rock salt. Oh well, now I know that don't wear shorts unless you have industrial strength DEET on you, and even that doesn't work half the time.

A small price to pay however for living in a beautiful house in a gorgeous state.

Once again, best of luck!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:18 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
~fingers crossed~ that the house sells fast and you both are on your way soon to whale watch with us! We went on the Orca whale watch today and it was awesome!!
Um...we're gonna need to see some pictures! Put some in the Ak Picture Forum! Do it now!

Old 06-29-2008, 08:30 AM

VisualTour Inventory

Hopefully this works and hopefully it sells...

Click on 160 Simpson Street.. Green house on second page..

Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,999,789 times
Quote:
VisualTour Inventory

Hopefully this works and hopefully it sells...

Click on 160 Simpson Street.. Green house on second page..
I wish the best in selling the house. We sold our house in Bedford last year before the market plummeted, at least nationally. How's it in the area now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska