Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:29 AM

329 posts, read 585,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Photographer View Post
Here are some of his papers on the subject:

Syun-Ichi Akasofu

The new director hasn't taken them down yet, that's a good sign at least.
Thanks, this is some good reading. Is the new director on the AGW bandwagon? Here's another article from Alaskareport.com that kind of streamlines his views, I guess. 'Climate skeptic' questions conventional thinking
Quote:
"I always become suspicious when many scientists agree on some interpretation," he said.
Quote:
"Although the Anchorage Daily News called me 'Alaska's best-known climate-change skeptic,' I believe I am a critic," he said. "That is the only way science can advance."
Seems to take a very reasoned approach to AGW. Thanks for the heads-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 01:36 PM

YouTube - GOP Intern's Memo Revealed - "Open My Doors!"
The Young Turk's take on Don Young. Classic.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:08 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
OK, we get it, you hate Don Young, no doubt about it. Enough is enough, no one cares anymore.

Old 07-05-2008, 05:03 PM

Why are you attacking me?? Other posters are fairly reasonable. I'm simply expressing my disapproval of Don Young. Nobody even tries to refute this stuff, except for maybe Glitch, but he's a Young guy.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:54 PM

The Associated Press: Rep. Young taps campaign to pay aide's lawyers (broken link)
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — With an election-year corruption investigation looming, Rep. Don Young has tapped his campaign war chest to pay not only his own million-dollar legal tab but also to hire lawyers for his campaign manager, who is also under FBI scrutiny.
And this...

Quote:
Young and Alaska Republican Sen. Ted Stevens are under scrutiny for their relationship with VECO Corp. executives, who have admitted bribing Alaska lawmakers to push legislation favorable to their oil field services company. VECO executives were, until recently, Young's largest contributor and hosted an annual pig roast fundraiser for him.
And this...

Quote:
Young, who has served in Congress since 1973, is facing Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell in August's primary. Parnell has the backing of the popular Gov. Sarah Palin. Young has also seen Democratic candidate Ethan Berkowitz raise twice as much money as him during the first quarter, though the incumbent retains the financial advantage. Such a challenge would have been unheard of before the FBI investigation.
It's looking good! Hopefully he still remembers how to run a tugboat.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:57 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
I'd like to personally thank you for pulling up crap we knew about. Like I said, no one gives a damn about the posts anymore. This is my last post on it and once again, thank you for wasting your time on looking crap up.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:20 PM

Yeah, you're right. He's not defendable. I wouldn't try either.

Old 07-06-2008, 02:55 PM

124 posts, read 340,835 times
Thumbs down Paid Political Action committee of one!

Babyorr9, you must get pay for all these posts....I looked back and for about the past 2 weeks, you have been very busy pushing a political agenda...Against ALASKA, and Don Young in particular...you being from NC and "not a republican", it is easy to see why you would be doing this.

Election year and all, and if you aren't directly being supported by an opponent of Don's, you certainly are working for the agenda of getting maintaining a Democratic majority.....I guess the best thing for Alaskans posting here to remember, is that we are an owner state, and we have to protect OUR interests, and we are not a puppet of the lower 48!

Folks out there have to remember whether it is here, or blogging on the adn site....it is a new day, and the liberals down south will stop at nothing to try and sway our votes!

Old 07-06-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susitna-flower View Post
Babyorr9, you must get pay for all these posts....I looked back and for about the past 2 weeks, you have been very busy pushing a political agenda...Against ALASKA, and Don Young in particular...you being from NC and "not a republican", it is easy to see why you would be doing this.

Election year and all, and if you aren't directly being supported by an opponent of Don's, you certainly are working for the agenda of getting maintaining a Democratic majority.....I guess the best thing for Alaskans posting here to remember, is that we are an owner state, and we have to protect OUR interests, and we are not a puppet of the lower 48!

Folks out there have to remember whether it is here, or blogging on the adn site....it is a new day, and the liberals down south will stop at nothing to try and sway our votes!
Uh, thats all very nice. I am simply a North Carolina fiscal conservative who wants to see the hack/Don Young gone. Thats all. I have no further political interests in Alaska. Don Young is everything that has made the Republican party the bane of American politics. As many have shown me here, Don Young has done great things for Alaska. He's also under investigation for scandals in WI and FL. He's a pig of the highest magnitude. It kills me that Republicans, I suppose in name only, would vote for this man. Do what you will, but I will be pushing hard to have Young removed from this point on. I don't care about Alaskan politics and am not in tune to the vagaries of your needs. However, you can find somebody better than Don Young. Get him a gold tugboat and send him into retirement.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:30 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I still want a bridge. A big one. With lights. We can name it the Don Young Bridge in his honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska