Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 PM

4,137 posts, read 9,107,482 times

Advertisements

How are you this night, Satch?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:18 AM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandLady View Post
How are you this night, Satch?
I'm doing OK I suppose. I'm enjoying a McEwan's Scotch Ale or two and surfing around the Internet. I have 6 fantasy football teams to manage so I spend most of my time doing that. The wife is drinking a bottle of chardonnay with her mother so I'm hoping to get lucky when she comes upstairs.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:21 AM

Ehm...thanks for that wee tidbit I gather things have calmed?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 AM

26 posts, read 49,944 times
hello anyone else bored too? How "rough" are things getting up there weather wise? My husband and I are in Oregon right now and it's already starting to get "cold" here, but I know that what we think of as "cold" is gonna be nowhere near what it is up there. We are moving to Delta Junction in November

Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Ehm...thanks for that wee tidbit I gather things have calmed?
A tad. Her mother is going back to San Jose in November. However, she thinks that she's coming back in two months time and starting this whole ordeal over. Ain't happenin. I'm telling her point blank, in front of the entire family over Thanksgiving, that any future long-term stays will heretofore have to be done in her own apartment. This bullsh*t isn't going to be tolerated again.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowangelnot View Post
hello anyone else bored too? How "rough" are things getting up there weather wise? My husband and I are in Oregon right now and it's already starting to get "cold" here, but I know that what we think of as "cold" is gonna be nowhere near what it is up there. We are moving to Delta Junction in November
Just rain...but it has been in the hi 20's the past couple of nights and we've had major freeze this week. Mountains have snow. And by here, I mean the Mat-Su Valley. There may be others who can chime in. I have yet to winter here, this will be my first...
I don't know how to be bored

Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
A tad. Her mother is going back to San Jose in November. However, she thinks that she's coming back in two months time and starting this whole ordeal over. Ain't happenin. I'm telling her point blank, in front of the entire family over Thanksgiving, that any future long-term stays will heretofore have to be done in her own apartment. This bullsh*t isn't going to be tolerated again.
Stand your ground, Satch...it's time for you and your own family now. Just my opinion of course...I do not know what I am talking about

Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Just rain...but it has been in the hi 20's the past couple of nights and we've had major freeze this week. Mountains have snow. And by here, I mean the Mat-Su Valley. There may be others who can chime in. I have yet to winter here, this will be my first...
I don't know how to be bored
Accuweather.com is predicting possible snow in the first week of October!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:44 AM

26 posts, read 49,944 times
lol I can share some pointers w/ ya I've been taking it easy though lately, had emergency surgery last Friday, just happy that it was now and not closer to the move.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Stand your ground, Satch...it's time for you and your own family now. Just my opinion of course...I do not know what I am talking about
Believe me, I'm laying down the law this time. Enough is enough. It truly sucks when you can't even look forward to going home after work because you know your mother-in-law is there. I hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska