Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times

Advertisements

have you noticed that the hard right and the muslim extremists act very much alike.
jerry falwell with a towel?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:40 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,217,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzzz01 View Post
Before your totally useless post gets deleted (as it should be)..I just want to say that you are a prime reason for being pro-abortion.
Or at least a great excuse for birth control

Old 09-29-2008, 12:41 PM

Why hasn't somone deleated this troll yet???? RANCE... where are you?

Old 09-29-2008, 12:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Mods please delete

Old 09-29-2008, 01:14 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
OK y'all. I think I got it all cleaned up. Please report if you see anything else that I may have missed.

Please resume your thread!

ginnie
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,948,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChasers8 View Post
Seasons I agree with everything you just said except about abortions. But no one can please everyone .
I understand why the seperation of church and state is important so that everyone is included, and while there are parts of me that wish it wouldn't stand there's a part of me that thinks it should...I'm torn.

Even if McCain and Palin take office I don't think it would change anything regarding church and state...reason being - schools in Alaska don't teach creationism so why would the rest of the country be so worried about that. Palin seems to be a woman with strong christian convictions and there is nothing wrong with that. Even if she tried to change everything in our government to a christian reform congress still wouldn't allow it. But I don't think she will.

You're right our government shouldn't butt into what our rights are as long as we are not hurting others (abortion, again I have a different view).
Since the Supreme Court Justices are appointed by the President, I have great concern about Presidential (and Vice Presidential) religious conviction finding their way into the peopple who ultimately decree whether something is legal or not. The Legistlature only create the laws, it's up to the Judicial Branch to determine if those laws are actually legal. For instance, upholding the previous rulings on Roe vs. Wade or declaring (at least some portions of) The Patriot Act illegal as defined by our Constitution.

I do not agree that abortion should be used as a form of "easy" birth control. However, if you eliminate sex education from schools and limit the availability of birth control and reproductive health & education clinics... then you have a whole bunch of females getting pregnant who otherwise wouldn't. Abstinence is not the answer... because Sex Happens... it always has, Biological Imperative being what it is. And Adoption isn't the answer either... more kids in the government system being deprived of enriching childhoods?! Sure, some of those kids are going to be lucky enough to be privately adopted by loving parents who can/will raise them well... but what about all the others who aren't "prime candidates" for adoption? What about the evidence that the pre-natal attitude of the mother (like being pissed they are being forced to be a walking incubator) does impact the child's development pre and post-natal? And do we allow gay couples (who we aren't allowing to get "married") to adopt those unwanted children and give them loving homes?

Upholding Roe vs. Wade is not Pro-Abortion... it is Pro-Choice. CHOICE. If you don't want an abortion or don't believe in them, you can choose not to have one. Having abortion be legal, by no means, mandates that you MUST have one yourself. Most people who really want to make abortion illegal are not actually Pro-Life... a great majority of them are Pro-Death Sentence and Anti-Green (evidentally, only the life of humans who agree with them deserve "sanctity"). They are simply Anti-Abortion and Anti-Choice.

I, personally, would not get an abortion unless I was raped or my health was at risk. But the fact remains that I can chose to have one in those circumstances, and other women can chose to seek the most appropriate medical option for their circumstances and health (including mental health). If we allow other people and our government to start dictating what we can and cannot do with our own bodies and health status... where will it end?! Will voluntary sterilization become illegal or mandatory? Will organ donation become illegal or mandatory? Will in vitro fertilization become illegal or mandatory? You see where I'm going with this....?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,326,204 times
Good grief, I go away to do some chores and all of a sudden there's another 10 pages! Most of it not worth the reading, either...

Old 09-29-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingAll4Seasons View Post
Abstinence is not the answer... because Sex Happens... it always has, Biological Imperative being what it is. And Adoption isn't the answer either... more kids in the government system being deprived of enriching childhoods?! What about the evidence that the pre-natal attitude of the mother (like being pissed they are being forced to be a walking incubator) does impact the child's development pre and post-natal? And do we allow gay couples (who we aren't allowing to get "married") to adopt those unwanted children and give them loving homes?

If we allow other people and our government to start dictating what we can and cannot do with our own bodies and health status... where will it end?! Will voluntary sterilization become illegal or mandatory? Will organ donation become illegal or mandatory? Will in vitro fertilization become illegal or mandatory? You see where I'm going with this....?

Alright I know that sex happens ( I have a big family), but I believe we should have sex education in schools and especially about all of the horrific diseases that kids can catch from having unprotected sex. However to say that abstinence is not the answer when it clearly would help the issue is wrong. If more kids were taught to treat their bodies with respect and not jump in bed with a guy just cause they said "I love you" then yes the std's and unwanted pregnancies rates would drop. Unfortunetly with the crap on tv an in magazines contradicting any moral value they have learned really hurts. The thought of catching AIDS scared the crap out of me when I was younger and I think more kids need that fear put back into them!!! They may act more carefully.
As far as abortions go again I have stated before in the cases of rape, incest or health issues I stay out of it and believe it is a personal decision. However to use it anyother way is a form of birth control and there are too many girls out there who not only have it once and learn their lesson but have repeated abortions...that is MURDER and there is no explaining it away. What about the babies choice? I too believe in a right to chose and once the act has been committed the choice has been made. Too many women use abortions to cover up their dirty little secrets of an affair or promiscuity (sp) and it's wrong. Women should be better educated on birth control, dieseases and not given such an easy excuse to be a tramp.

I think as far as adoptions go yes gay couples should be able to adopt, I think anyone who can provide a loving home should be able to adopt.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:14 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned
I have 6 kids and when I go out in public with them I have people say the stupidist (if there is such a word) things to me, like ever heard off birth control...I'd answer back and say "yeah...but too bad your mama hadn't"...usually shuts them up.

Last edited by Keeper; 09-29-2008 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: removed quote

Old 09-29-2008, 03:53 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,961,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamChasers8 View Post
I think as far as adoptions go yes gay couples should be able to adopt, I think anyone who can provide a loving home should be able to adopt.
Hear! Hear!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska