Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 08:55 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,443,330 times

Advertisements

Captain Crunch, I really don't think you understand the big picture here. Your understanding of Alaska's history and being a part of it just not an observer like you seem to be. I will make it easy for you. Once Uncle Ted is reelected as I predict he will be, I will be the first to donate $100.00 to the ship you back to where you came from fund, payable when you get there and stay.

I also believe upon appeal this verdict will be overturned due to improprieties of the prosecution and judge. A normal case would of been declared a mistrial or dismissed at least if these errors and omissions were carried out in any other court.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:59 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Yes, the 1930's were a period of deflationary depression, today's inflationary cycle is not the same. Only the media would like you believe otherwise in order foster the false belief that a Democrat is the only solution. Just as in the 30's, even though the New Deal, Democrat policies actually prolonged the Great Depression until the start of WWII in 1941.
That's right. Back then there was no employment to talk about, and the lack of agricultural products (because of the draught) made it worst.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Have you always been such a fool....?

Your crappolla spin isn't working....you seem to have read in several things from my posts that weren't there

Perhaps some new reading glasses need to be on your Christmas list...?
You really need to take it easy. It's only his opinion.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
What's actually more surprising is your apparent belief that Ted's behavior is somehow anomalous to the entire cabal of crooks we have running this country, or that it's somehow limited to one particular administration or party.
I will vote for Stevens, because if he wins and can't serve, the Governor appoints another person to take over. There is not way I am voting for Mr. anti-gun Baggage, Bagegy (whatever his name is).

Old 10-27-2008, 09:09 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Captain Crunch, I really don't think you understand the big picture here. Your understanding of Alaska's history and being a part of it just not an observer like you seem to be. I will make it easy for you. Once Uncle Ted is reelected as I predict he will be, I will be the first to donate $100.00 to the ship you back to where you came from fund, payable when you get there and stay.
I can assure you that CC knows the state of Alaska very well, and hardly needs your $100; buy half a bottle of Pinch instead.

Ray, it does get old when people attribute things to you that aren't really there. Just recently, someone started screeching that I was a "Repugnican" in the political forum simply because I informed her of a fact of Alaska Native history (that the Natives at one time practiced "denning" of wolf cubs to keep the population down).

Old 10-27-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I will vote for Stevens, because if he wins and can't serve, the Governor appoints another person to take over. There is not way I am voting for Mr. anti-gun Baggage, Bagegy (whatever his name is).
Ray, are you sure about this? I thought that was changed in 2004 and that if the U.S. Senate decides to kick him out, it will mean a special election.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:21 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,443,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I can assure you that CC knows the state of Alaska very well, and hardly needs your $100; buy half a bottle of Pinch instead.

Ray, it does get old when people attribute things to you that aren't really there. Just recently, someone started screeching that I was a "Repugnican" in the political forum simply because I informed her of a fact of Alaska Native history (that the Natives at one time practiced "denning" of wolf cubs to keep the population down).
Well maybe we can turn it into a political contribution and he can run for office and show everyone how it should be done.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Well maybe we can turn it into a political contribution and he can run for office and show everyone how it should be done.
I believe that the topic here was Ted Stevens, and not how anyone who doesn't support him should either leave the state or run for office.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:42 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticthaw View Post

I also believe upon appeal this verdict will be overturned due to improprieties of the prosecution and judge. A normal case would of been declared a mistrial or dismissed at least if these errors and omissions were carried out in any other court.
oh....I understand the big picture perfectly. You right-wing nuts up there have no problem with Stevens being a convicted felon as long as he can continue to bring the pork home to ya...that really tells a lot about metality

You really are much more delusional than even your buddy the Mooseketeer....

You better put that hundred bucks toward a shrink... but, I suspect its too late for ya

Last edited by Captain Crunch; 10-27-2008 at 09:57 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 PM

I can see him being re-elected, if only to save that Senate seat for another Republican; they do outnumber the other party. It would be a bad political move for Ted to drop out now, and I can't see him doing it.

Although the other candidate does have a very slight lead in the polls.

But if Stevens does win, the U.S. Senate will face a lot of pressure to vote on whether to expel him or not. And I don't think that in the event of that, it is up to the governor to reappoint someone else. Again, I think that changed in 2004.

He's 84. He's done some good things for the state. It's a shame he can't simply retire in peace.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-27-2008 at 10:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska