Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 04:09 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Are you saying ACORN didn't register the same people over and over; following them to their workplace and homes? Are you saying they didn't have phoney names and addresses especially in Ohio? What news channel do you watch??????????

Not Fox.

What the record shows is:

A. There NEVER has been a single proven court case of systemic voter fraud, while there are hundreds of proven cases of voter suppression. It is the Republican Party who has been found guilty in courts of law of this disenfranchisemnent (which is what all totalitarian/non-democratic parties do, ya know?), and they push, via their outlets like Fox, Rush, etc the unproven over-voting scares to confuse the public.

B. ACORN has a 98% sucessful rate of registering valid new voters, which is why politicians- including John McCain- have supported them.

C. Some of ACORN's hirees register (about 2%) of fraudulent names. ACORN by law is required to turn in all lists of names (including fraudulent ones) to the respective state authorities. ACORN highlites the names on lists it catches for said authorities.

D. The number of valid voters registered by ACORN vs the number of fraudulent names registered who have voted is NOT an isssue, as NO case of Mickey Mouse, etc voting has been shown.

So, again I ask: Please give me a single proven case of systemic voter fraud.

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-28-2008 at 05:29 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 PM

959 posts, read 2,361,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Damn. I've already voted, but I guess I can do so again. Is ACORN handing out decent hooch? I'm out of Pinch and I could use a pack of smokes.

LOL Met

Old 10-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
MSNBC or CNN obviously. The level of ignorance shown by Geechie is astounding.
Featured Article - WSJ.com

"So, less than a week before the midterm elections, four workers from Acorn, the liberal activist group that has registered millions of voters, have been indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms to the Kansas City, Missouri, election board. But hey, who needs voter ID laws?"

( From the article.)

Note they were indicted (which is NOT convicted) of "submitting false voter registrations", and NOT voter fraud, and it is NOT ACORN that's been indicted but 4 workers who were ostensibly ripping ACORN off.

And if the WSJ (let's pretend they are legit, for the sake of this post) had a single proven case of systemic voter fraud to point to, especially by ACORN, but by anyone, don't you think they would to show the damage?

They don't, of course, because there are NONE. But we (the public) are not supposed to notice that glaring fact.

Perhaps the problem here is lack of knowledge on the part of the public as to allegation vs proven facts, and how our legal system works.

Plus hacks writing for a rag that's geared to the filthy rich, of course.

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-28-2008 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
To those who have proclaimed their vote for the convicted felon Stevens: in other words, values, integrity & honesty mean nothing to you. Or maybe they mean everything to you only when it can be used as a stick to beat the 'other' side with. That is, what is sauce for the goose is gravy for the gander.

Some of you have posited a false dichotomy. You don't have to vote for the Democratic candidate. You don't have to vote for ANYONE if your conscience dictates that the choices are all rotten. But it is amusing to see the contortions of ideologues as they try to square Uncle Ted's circle.
Well since I know Bill Allen personally and think he is scum... I am sure that Ted was hoodwinked on parts of the deal, the fact that he did pay over $100,000.00+ towards the repairs done on his house by Allen, shows that he did pay when he was presented a bill. The fact that Allen was kissing his A$$ by not invoicing all the bills is not Ted's fault.

I would doubt that very few people would know the work done between what was legit and over the limit. Steven's isn't a contractor, so when he wife was given a bill for tens of thousands of dollars, she paid it and they have the canceled checks to prove it. The other issues, Ted may have been totally guilty on and that will be seen in an Appeals court.

It is guys that are doing all the Lynching here before the legal system has run it's course is what shows a great disdain for the Law (Not to mention show they are clowns). Like I stated earlier, if Ted did the crime, he should do the time. But after the system has run it course.

There is a lot of folks here that shouldn't be throwing rocks in a glass house.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:28 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
You know, you're absolutely right. And I'm GD sick of this chit.

Carolina, I totally agree with you, man. I am an ardent McCain/Palin supporter/usually vote Republican or side with conservative independants.

However, I'm friggin' sick of this BS. Just to say "everyone's doing it" doesn't work for me anymore. If this is the way the game is played, on either side, then let's start crucifying the bastards on BOTH sides. This type of machination is NOT the way I believe most Americans play the game. In general, I still believe in the deep down goodness of Americans, despite all evidence to the contrary.

However, I will always give credit where credit is due; Ted sure did do a lot for Alaska as a state; financially, he was a whiz at getting this state lots of perks and what would probably be called "pork." But I am starting to strongly disagree that "the ends justify the means"--or, in other words, that all the benefits he's gotten Alaska are worth having a balls-out liar/crook in office. I don't know all the details but it certainly seems that way at the moment.
He did indeed do a lot for the state of Alaska. That is what is so sad about this. A man who had a historic run in the senate and probably did more for his state then any other senator in history will have his career and probably his life end in shame. It's a sad day for all Alaskans. But the fact is, this type of corruption has to stop! The American people are so sick of it. Just because more people voted for you, then your competition, does not give you an open license to steal and deceive. Power corrupts and Ted did not avoid the temptation.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:47 PM

1,331 posts, read 3,000,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Not Fox.

What the record shows is:

A. There NEVER has been a single proven court case of systemic voter fraud, while there are hundrreds of proven cases of voter suppression. It is the Republican Party who has been found guilty in courts of law of this disenfranchisemnent (which is what all totalitarian/non-democratic parties do, ya know?), and they push, via their outlets like Fox, Rush, etc the unproven over-voting scares to confuse the public.

B. ACORN has a 98% sucessful rate of registering valid new voters, which is why politicians- including John McCain- have supported them.

C. Some of ACORN's hirees register (about 2%) of fraudulent names. ACORN by law is required to turn in all lists of names (including fraudulent ones) to the respective state authorities. ACORN highlites the names on lists it catches for said authorities.

D. The number of valid voters registered by ACORN vs the number of fraudulent names registered who have voted is NOT an isssue, as NO case of Mickey Mouse, etc voting has been shown.

So, again I ask: Please give me a single proven case of systemic voter fraud.
You really can't believe that crap. ACORN is an unofficial voter registration organization for the Democrats. They are under investigation for voter fraud in about a dozen states. You liberals are so unbelievably deluded and devoid of facts that it is absolutely astonishing.

Newsmax.com – FBI, Others Probe ACORN for Vote Fraud (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/voter_fraud_acorn/2008/10/09/139107.html - broken link)

The people that ACORN tries to register are uninformed that they shouldn't be allowed to anyway. I know it sounds harsh but the Democrats are going to destroy this nation from the inside-out with their moronic "progressive" worldview and ACORN is just a symptom of their idiotic agenda.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:01 PM

Perhaps the problem here is lack of knowledge on the part of the public as to allegation vs proven facts, and how our legal system works.
[/quote]

I'd like to amend this statement in my post, for the general public is definitely NOT buying this garbage, which has as its aim delegitimizing the election of Barak Obama. No, it's only the right wing, the really right, right wing. The Palin wing.

Which is the tie-in to Alaska politics, because Alaska is a far-right state.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
You really can't believe that crap. ACORN is an unofficial voter registration organization for the Democrats. They are under investigation for voter fraud in about a dozen states. You liberals are so unbelievably deluded and devoid of facts that it is absolutely astonishing.

Newsmax.com – FBI, Others Probe ACORN for Vote Fraud (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/voter_fraud_acorn/2008/10/09/139107.html - broken link)

The people that ACORN tries to register are uninformed that they shouldn't be allowed to anyway. I know it sounds harsh but the Democrats are going to destroy this nation from the inside-out with their moronic "progressive" worldview and ACORN is just a symptom of their idiotic agenda.
Newsmax. Now you've lost me as to your source selection:

NewsMax.com - SourceWatch

From it:

Echo chamber

There is ample evidence to support the theory that NewsMax is one of a growing number of right-wing "news" sources and blogs that act as an echo chamber for the conservative viewpoint.
A classic example of this is a December 4, 2007 article by conservative author and activist Kenneth R. Timmerman. Responding to a National Intelligence Estimate report stating Iran had halted its nuclear bomb program in 2003, Timmerman attacks the study by smearing its authors.[3] Timmerman's piece has few verifiable facts. Most of his "sources" are "unnamed". It is, however full of innuendo and opinion. (In the piece he quotes one of his own books six times.)[4] The echo chamber effect is apparent when a quick google search for news on the NIE study produces hundreds of right wing sites that quote the Timmerman article's conclusions as fact.[5]
The weekend before the 2004 presidential election, NewsMax purchased airtime on local TV stations across the country to air Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal, a film critical of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.[4]
[edit]

Old 10-28-2008, 05:14 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
So, for all of you up on your high horses about how all this corruption has got to stop, how do you plan to do that?

Steven’s got a frickin Viking range and a wrap around deck on his house and the FBI comes after him like a pack of wolves. Yet other sitting Senators get sweetheart mortgages from Countrywide (Dodd), Funnel Defense Contracts to their Spouses (Feinstein), obstruct, lie, obfuscate, etc, etc, etc, but the press sweeps all that under the rug and not a peep is heard from the so-called Justice Dept. Anyone who believes that truth and fairness have anything to do with our current system of jurisprudence is seriously smoking something.

And as for the “high crime” (as others have called it), of failing to report a few gifts on a disclosure form, I dare anybody posting to this board to sit through an interrogation by a belligerent, hostile FBI agent and come out free of enough inconsistencies in your life for a politically motivated prosecutor to send you to the slammer for a long time too.

If you want corruption in Washington to stop then you can’t let one corrupt branch of govt police another and pretend the results are somehow accurate or correct. All it really gets us are politically motivated hatchet jobs designed to further personal careers, manipulate the media, and alter public opinion, while true criminals walk around free pulling the strings.

Last edited by Moose Whisperer; 10-28-2008 at 05:22 PM..

Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM

[quote=Classic Satch;5897377]
The people that ACORN tries to register are uninformed that they shouldn't be allowed to anyway. /quote]

So, you don't support the United States Constitution?
If not, please clarify.

Here's what it says about voting:

Things That Are Not In the U.S. Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Last edited by Geechie North; 10-28-2008 at 05:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska