Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:04 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,809,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well since I know Bill Allen personally and think he is scum... I am sure that Ted was hoodwinked on parts of the deal, the fact that he did pay over $100,000.00+ towards the repairs done on his house by Allen, shows that he did pay when he was presented a bill. The fact that Allen was kissing his A$$ by not invoicing all the bills is not Ted's fault.

I would doubt that very few people would know the work done between what was legit and over the limit. Steven's isn't a contractor, so when he wife was given a bill for tens of thousands of dollars, she paid it and they have the canceled checks to prove it. The other issues, Ted may have been totally guilty on and that will be seen in an Appeals court.

It is guys that are doing all the Lynching here before the legal system has run it's course is what shows a great disdain for the Law (Not to mention show they are clowns). Like I stated earlier, if Ted did the crime, he should do the time. But after the system has run it course.

There is a lot of folks here that shouldn't be throwing rocks in a glass house.
wrong..... a jury of his peers saw it differently and now he is a convicted felon

Old 10-28-2008, 07:42 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Perhaps the problem here is lack of knowledge on the part of the public as to allegation vs proven facts, and how our legal system works.

I'd like to amend this statement in my post, for the general public is definitely NOT buying this garbage, which has as its aim delegitimizing the election of Barak Obama. No, it's only the right wing, the really right, right wing. The Palin wing.

Which is the tie-in to Alaska politics, because Alaska is a far-right state.[/quote]get over it, whether this makes any difference in the election or not, is not an issue, but years, clear back to the 70s ACORN has been known for being a left wing organization that spends months prior to national eelctions paying workers to register anyone and everyone that can help the left. They are clever and are getting away with it so far. You are saying allegations and proven facts are about like saying, because OJ was found innocent of murder he didn't do it...

Nita

Old 10-28-2008, 07:46 PM

823 posts, read 1,732,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I'd like to amend this statement in my post, for the general public is definitely NOT buying this garbage, which has as its aim delegitimizing the election of Barak Obama. No, it's only the right wing, the really right, right wing. The Palin wing.

Which is the tie-in to Alaska politics, because Alaska is a far-right state.
get over it, whether this makes any difference in the election or not, is not an issue, but years, clear back to the 70s ACORN has been known for being a left wing organization that spends months prior to national eelctions paying workers to register anyone and everyone that can help the left. They are clever and are getting away with it so far. You are saying allegations and proven facts are about like saying, because OJ was found innocent of murder he didn't do it...

Nita[/quote]
O.J. murdered someone???????????????

Old 10-28-2008, 07:58 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Which is the tie-in to Alaska politics, because Alaska is a far-right state.
get over it, whether this makes any difference in the election or not, is not an issue, but years, clear back to the 70s ACORN has been known for being a left wing organization that spends months prior to national eelctions paying workers to register anyone and everyone that can help the left. They are clever and are getting away with it so far. You are saying allegations and proven facts are about like saying, because OJ was found innocent of murder he didn't do it...

Nita[/quote]

Black Voter disenfranchisement in 2008: Jim Crow Returns « The Academy Speaks

Georgia Voter Disenfranchisement Legislation Signed Into Law at Hungry Blues

Black Box Voting - Entries tagged as voter disenfranchisement

Was the 2004 Election Stolen? : Rolling Stone

Just a few articles on the Republican pattern (as shown by the verdict in the case DNC V RNC) of stealing elections via voter disenfranchisement.

So by your standard we are all guilty of Murder 1 because we have not been found guilty???

Old 10-28-2008, 08:06 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
The Republican War on Voting | The American Prospect

One more. Not for overkill, but I wanted to point out that the legal standard for proving murder (homicide ) is "Beyond a reasonable doubt", while the much lower standard of "Preponderance of Evidence" is needed to prove voter fraud.

Apple, meet orange.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,653,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
d
If you want corruption in Washington to stop then you can’t let one corrupt branch of govt police another and pretend the results are somehow accurate or correct.
That statement demonstrates an astounding lack of knowledge about the Constitution of the United States of American.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:23 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,568,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post

Republicans one by one today are lining up and asking him to resign and I predict he will.
Some are, but not many....

Quote:
All the grit and determination in the world will not make that conviction go away.
Wrong...

1. An appeal and having the case overturned.

2. Presidential Pardon.

Both clean the slate.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Wrong...

1. An appeal and having the case overturned.

2. Presidential Pardon.

Both clean the slate.
Neither would leave a clean slate. (And neither are going to happen...)

The stink from that jury verdict is not going away, ever!

And now the question is... who's next, Don Young or Ben Stevens? Both are headed for the hoosegow.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
... paying workers to register anyone and everyone that can help the left. They are clever and are getting away with it so far.
What's to "getting away with it"??? There certainly is nothing wrong with registering voters! That's a wonderful thing for them to do!

Old 10-29-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
I wanted to point out that the legal standard for proving murder (homicide ) is "Beyond a reasonable doubt", while the much lower standard of "Preponderance of Evidence" is needed to prove voter fraud.
That is not true.

You've cited the distinction between a criminal case and a civil case. To prove the crime of voter fraud has occured, and put someone in jail for it, requires the exact same standard as it does to convict for murder.

If you are referring bringing suit to contest an election based on voter fraud, generally the standard is neither of the above, but rather one of "clear and convincing evidence", which is a point somewhere between "beyond reasonable doubt" and "preponderance" in that there can still be doubts, but it takes significantly more than just a preponderance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska