Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do folks in Alaska feel about Gov. Palin
I support Gov Palin. Voting McCain in 2008 32 42.11%
I do not support Gov. Palin. Voting Obama in 2008 29 38.16%
Both equally bad, were Doomed 15 19.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 10:31 AM

703 posts, read 2,942,410 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us...in&oref=slogin

Sheds some light on her relatively unknown background. How do Alaskans feel about these revelations?

Old 09-14-2008, 10:31 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grill God View Post
I just moved from the lower 48 and I like her views just fine, especially when put up against the other choice. And apparently according to polls so do at least half of the rest of the U.S.

Corporate polls are accurate only about 50% of the time, on a a predictive basis.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
I guess you mean her ideology.

FYI, Palin's 19th century world view doesn't play well in most of the lower 48.
Plays well with me just fine. Ive lived in Vegas, TX, Mi, now ID.
I am also Pro-Choice, don't go to church but I am a Catholic, and so on and I am not one bit afraid of her pushing her religious beliefs upon us or her pro-life stance.
I am very impressed with what she has done while in office. Some are in office for 35 years and not have accomplished what she has.

She doesn't just talk she DOES! The way our elected officials use to do!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
I met her at the Alaska Mining Association convention and she was pretty nice to me, but one 2-minute meeting isn't the be-all of what I'd base my opinion of her. She comes off as a hard-nosed, right-wing Republican, based on her decisions. She has learned the art of compromise, but not the gift of forgiveness.

I am a Republican, but she is a little to reactionary for my tastes. Great as a governor, questionable as the VP, the "one breath away" candidate.
So Biden and Pelosi give you warm fuzzies

Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 AM

823 posts, read 1,732,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post

Corporate polls are accurate only about 50% of the time, on a a predictive basis.
Yes, but only about 90% of the time.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I see on the news this am they have debunked many of the rumors.
I have also read, most of the rumors have been taken out of context. Oh well that is politics.

btw: lostbobafett, we are not talking about Martin Luther King and what King did is quite different from what Obama has or has not done. I can't imagine anyone comparing Obama to King or JFK in anyway....

NIta

Old 09-14-2008, 11:14 AM

7 posts, read 11,679 times
Family living in Anchorage and vicinity for 35 plus years, aunt in Wasilla for 25, small business owner. Self - only 3 years as a teen. Family not happy with Palin and unethical methods of removing folks that get in her path to fame. Do have direct information of the collateral damage caused by the librarian incident, although too painful and no desire to inflict further destruction to lives that have already suffered from one human being's driven desire to succeed. Besides, it is all just an ugly, meaningless game - right? Nothing of value at stake. If for once.... TRUE change appeared before us.... I think I might actually.... care! This country deserves better! Oh, and the shock jock scenario while running for Gov. was rather interesting.... I hear she is "one hot mamma" - just what I am looking for in a VP! Sounds like she has made the "wet dream" level of famous, at least!

Old 09-14-2008, 11:15 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,803,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
btw: lostbobafett, we are not talking about Martin Luther King and what King did is quite different from what Obama has or has not done. I can't imagine anyone comparing Obama to King or JFK in anyway....

NIta
Obama only makes "safe decisions". Big difference between him and Dr. King. Dr. King took it to the edge....and pushed it a lot more.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sons View Post
Family living in Anchorage and vicinity for 35 plus years, aunt in Wasilla for 25, small business owner. Self - only 3 years as a teen. Family not happy with Palin and unethical methods of removing folks that get in her path to fame. Do have direct information of the collateral damage caused by the librarian incident, although too painful and no desire to inflict further destruction to lives that have already suffered from one human being's driven desire to succeed. Besides, it is all just an ugly, meaningless game - right? Nothing of value at stake. If for once.... TRUE change appeared before us.... I think I might actually.... care! This country deserves better! Oh, and the shock jock scenario while running for Gov. was rather interesting.... I hear she is "one hot mamma" - just what I am looking for in a VP! Sounds like she has made the "wet dream" level of famous, at least!
Well if you lived here you would already know that she is "One Hot Mamma".

The fact she is so popular is because she does get rid of people in the Government that are "Deadwood", and yes if you are "them" or related to them you would not like her actions either. But overall, she is very well liked for her abilities.

As far as your claim to her "Uneithical" means of getting rid of people, the "Troopergate" deal is just a means for the other side of the isle to make her look bad. The head of the Alaska State Trooper's serves at the Governor's pleasue, if he doesn't comb his hair right, she can fire him.... That is it in a nutshell.... No story like the press is trying to paint and people like you are trying to push as an "issue".

Old 09-14-2008, 11:55 AM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Plays well with me just fine. Ive lived in Vegas, TX, Mi, now ID.
I am also Pro-Choice, don't go to church but I am a Catholic, and so on and I am not one bit afraid of her pushing her religious beliefs upon us or her pro-life stance.
I am very impressed with what she has done while in office. Some are in office for 35 years and not have accomplished what she has.

She doesn't just talk she DOES! The way our elected officials use to do!

She will play well in places like Idaho; not so much in the big population states. That's my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska