Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times

Advertisements

Optimally, it's the antithesis of one.

Why is it that some people would like to make it into one?

Sometimes it seems as if breathing in the wrong octave on this board with regards to extreme right wing politics or Lord forbid dissing Palin is something worthy of being voted off the island.

You can't vote me off my island though...

Seriously, some of you should get a grip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 PM

391 posts, read 1,030,818 times
Met,

Reference to thread? I honestly have no idea...had/have no idea about your thread the other night where others apparently say "your not from Alaska". I'm obviously not stumbling/navigating to said thread/threads.

regards,
G

Old 10-03-2008, 11:57 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,814,496 times
yep....there is a few hard core right wing-nuts that still think The Smirking Chimp did something right in his wasted 8 years we had to put up with his lies and crappolla....the guy really is just plain dumb

The Smirking Chimps legacy will be very simple...like him

Failed war in the wrong country
He totally trashed our treasury
Led us right into the failures we've seen in the last couple weeks

He really has looked like the simple little person he is recently.....any replacement will be welcomed at this point

Old 10-04-2008, 12:04 AM

Okay Francis, settle down. I can't stand neo cons OR neo libs. Can't we have a sane conversation without calling people "wing-nuts", etc??????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

Old 10-04-2008, 12:12 AM

not usually....

Old 10-04-2008, 12:22 AM

Try it. Might find it refreshing. Last I checked (outside of our visitors/posters from other countries), we aren't "Democrats/Republicans/Libertarians/etc" first. We are Americans first, all that other stuff is minutia that we do for stratification. I'd rather speak to people like we would face to face...many of us generally don't on boards.

We aren't all one big happy family, but we can GENERALLY agree to disagree and move on as adults.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:47 AM

well.....this is certainly true

"We aren't one big happy family"

The problem with your suggestion is there are a couple people here, right wing-nuts, that just patrol the threads looking for a place to further their crappolla agenda, as dumb and misguided as it is.....some actually still think The Smirking Chimp was something special

Old 10-04-2008, 12:47 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
That's my whole point...lately there has been such an influx of people telling us who we are..

They've read too much Robert Service and watched too much Discovery--I get tired of people trying totell me who I can or can't be based on their own misguided ideologies.

icarian, I'd love to talk with you more about this but I'm tired---will you be around tomorrow?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:59 AM

Good night...imagine I will.

Regards to all.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:32 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,039,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Optimally, it's the antithesis of one.

Why is it that some people would like to make it into one?

Sometimes it seems as if breathing in the wrong octave on this board with regards to extreme right wing politics or Lord forbid dissing Palin is something worthy of being voted off the island.

You can't vote me off my island though...

Seriously, some of you should get a grip.
I have lived a lot in small villages like you have. In those situations you have to learn to get along with people a lot different than you are...or just hole up like a hermit. I have found that we can have different opinions, and even express those different opinions over a cup of coffee and still help each other out with winter chores etc.

It's one thing to express an entirely different view point and quite another to start calling names. I don't know why it so often degrades into insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska