Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:31 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,945,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I have very little idea of what role playing games on the net are--do you mean like the dragon games?
Yes. Satch could probably shed more light. I don't know very much about them. I've always preferred talking on forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 12:07 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,808,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Thanks for the links.

I wonder if Captain Crunch has the bird flu.
Went off the island via private jet this morning to the Skagit Valley....
first I've heard of this...but, I haven't spent much time in town this summer, certainly not around Klawock

Old 10-06-2008, 10:54 AM

7 posts, read 11,370 times
Default Pneumonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrennie View Post
ps.
What we ARE being told is that it is some sort of contagious pneumonia.
What is the source of the "contagious pneumonia" diagnosis? I had heard that also, but source was not verifiable. The original media report mentions "confirmed" cases, suggesting the definition of a case went beyong a dry cough and temperature above 101.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:57 AM

Default Internet Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccles View Post
Metlakatla - Would you please be so kind as to post whatever developments you encounter with the communications issue? Under the current circumstances, this could bsomething which causes worry and concern amongst the people who are tracking the illness issue.

Thank you for your consideration.
I have contacts on the eastern side of the island. They didn't not have any interuptions in e-mail or internet service (which were active last night and this morning).

Old 10-06-2008, 11:26 AM

Default Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrennie View Post
I know that most of the sick people that I've heard from directly are in the Klawock area. The first I heard about a quarantine was from someone in Klawock. That was last Tuesday or Wednesday. I know that there is no quarantine yet in place.
I know for a fact that nobody has died from this because I would have heard. All I've been told is "very sick".
The symptoms have been described as an infectious pneumonia, that we should take basic precautions, but that it is not a diagnosis. We don't have a diagnosis yet.
I imagine that we'll get a diagnosis later in the week.... and personally I very much doubt that it will be bird flu.
I don't have specific information yet about the fly-outs. They would have been flown first to Ketchikan.
Do you have any numbers for the "very sick" category and are the "confirmed" cases those who have pneumonia (and a dry cough and a temp greater than 101)?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 AM

Default Adenovirus 14

Sounds like Adenovirus 14 has caused some or all of the cases, including at least 1 fatality.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:25 AM

Default Adenovirus 14 Background

Quote:
Originally Posted by niman View Post
Sounds like Adenovirus 14 has caused some or all of the cases, including at least 1 fatality.
Here is some background on Ad14

Adenovirus 14 Recombination and Emergence

Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 AM

Default Wrangell

Any info on new cases in Wrangell?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
So there's been a fatality on POW?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM

273 posts, read 587,466 times
Thanks for following through, Niman. The death you refer to---she had been ill for quite some time.
I will check around about Wrangell today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska