Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 02:13 PM

823 posts, read 1,731,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Steve what type of powder do you need? Primers? Bullets?
Right now I need everything with the exception of bullets. They wouldn't let me bring any in the move. But it is way too expensive to ship any of it so don't worry. Cori and I are going to start getting some every month and I'm going to teach her how to reload for her pistol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 02:15 PM

823 posts, read 1,731,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I want jerky...
I have to make some more we sat here and ate half of a gallon sized ziploc of it last night. Turned out well. Got some more steak out and I'll be slaving away......

Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM

639 posts, read 1,915,506 times
Grill,if you don't lay off the jerky you are going to eat up all the meat in your house..LOL
I was going to go to town today but the road is closed due to all the wind and blowing snow up on Eagle so my packages are going to have to wait to later this week.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM

276 posts, read 848,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megensmom View Post
Grill,if you don't lay off the jerky you are going to eat up all the meat in your house..LOL
I was going to go to town today but the road is closed due to all the wind and blowing snow up on Eagle so my packages are going to have to wait to later this week.
How's the weather up there today? I just went out for lunch and it is 44 here. Hope you can get to the post office today or tomorrow, I am eargely waiting for the arrival of your package.

Last edited by MAINEr; 12-02-2008 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: OMG, I can not spell worth crap today

Old 12-02-2008, 10:53 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,855,038 times
OK, Alaska Girl, I hope this is not a recipe you already have, It is kind of like a food staple in my household," Chicken and Dumplings" You are gonna need a big pot, large enough to boil a whole chicken with a bit of extra room. Get one whole Chicken, remove wrapper (you would be surprized how many times I have heard people did not do this) take out gizzards, liver, (internal organs, neck-cut up), roll them in flour, fry them up and use as dog treats. My dogs get super obedient when I start making this dish. Put the Chicken, whole, into the pot and cover with water, add 1 tbsp of salt, 1 tbsp of hot sauce, 2 dashes of vinegar and a half tsp of curry powder. Boil until the chicken starts to come off of the bone. Make a batch of bisquits without using self-rising flour - this recipe is usually found on the back panel of any 5# bag of flour, do not add anything that will make it rise (yeast, baking powder) flour both your cutting board and your rolling pin, and, in all probability the dough ball, and roll the dough out to a thickness of about an eighth of an inch, yeah, pretty dang thin. Save any loose flour that may be on the cutting board you can use this to thicken the mixture once it has stopped cooking. Cut the dough (a pizza cutter works well, as does a knife) into 1 inch strips, then cut strips into 2 inch lengths. OK, by now the chicken should be boiled fairly throughly, remove pot from stove, place chicken (careful it is hot, and falling apart) in a clean sink or a large bowl, remove skin (this can also be fried for more dog treats), put the pot and water you boiled the chicken in back on the stove and bring back to a vigorous boil. remove all bones from chicken and cut meat, or pull meat into bite sized pieces. I have heard this is terrible thing to do, but, I pressured my vet into an answer (it is all in how you ask the question) he said he had never even heard of an impacted bone of any type in a dog larger than 50 lbs and pork chop bones were the most dangerous for small dogs. Since my smallest dog, Jorja, is 65 lbs, I feed the bones to my dogs as well. Put chicken back into the boiling pot, then start slowly, so that the water never stops boiling adding the strips of biscuit dough, one or two at a time until they are all in the pot and cooked, (once they hit the water, because they are so thin they tend to be cooked almost immediately) do not over cook or the dumplings will start to fall apart. As soon as you finish adding the last of the dumplings pull the pot off of the stove and place it in a sink (the pot, chicken and dumplings and all) of cold water, you are trying to stop it from overcooking you are not trying to dilute the mixture, when you lower the temp of the pot -cold water- it stops cooking pretty fast. with a slotted spoon, serve into bowls, season to taste and enjoy. If you save the top two inches of the liquid in the pot- use a ladle, not pouring- it can be used as chicken stock for soups.

Last edited by Dusty Rhodes; 12-02-2008 at 11:06 AM..

Old 12-02-2008, 02:36 PM

959 posts, read 2,360,306 times
Wow---AWESOME recipe!! And way to detail it out too--this is exactly the kind I like, with lots of home details on "how-to" especially if it's a little more complex than I'm used to.

Thanks much Dusty Rhodes!! Now I must give you somethin' in return--you on the list??

Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM

Weather here is freaking cold. But it is clear the mail plane just came in so we will go shortly if I can get the stupid van to start. At last check it was -27

Old 12-02-2008, 04:30 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,109,972 times
Quote:
Weather here is freaking cold. But it is clear the mail plane just came in so we will go shortly if I can get the stupid van to start. At last check it was -27
Ouch!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:34 PM

276 posts, read 848,480 times
Quote:
A bit nippy

Old 12-02-2008, 09:45 PM

Ok so every freaking thing that could go wrong went wrong today. My van refused to start,the dog broke its clasp and ran down the woods chasing a fox.I have 2 boys that are going to Ventie(sp) for a field trip and they are flying so I am trying to get them ready. You name it is went crazy so needless to say I didn't get to the PO. and I am beating I have somethign really nice there but my luck is crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska