Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:31 PM

457 posts, read 1,016,581 times

Advertisements

Jim Rogers, being interviewed on Bloomberg, just said that he is selling all of his dollars and getting into something where the fundamentals are good, like commodities and Taiwanese and Chinese companies whose fundamentals are good. He said the dollar is going the way of the pound sterling when that stopped being the world's reserve currency and dropped 90%. "When will it recover?" he was asked. "I hate to say this. Probably never." He allowed as how the people in Washington have wrecked it permanently.

We are us , arent we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 09:01 PM

And , denial isnt this river in Egypt; so buck up and dont vacation on the next 'bank' holiday.... which gives you 50 cents on the dollar when They feel like it.

By Chelsea Schilling
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

Pentagon resources and U.S. troops may be used if needed to quell protests and bank runs during an economic crisis, the U.S. Army War College's Strategic Institute reported.

"Widespread civil violence inside the United States would force the defense establishment to reorient priorities in extremis to defend basic domestic order and human security," the War College study states.

Incidents of economic collapse, terrorism and disruption of legal order could require deployment of forces within the U.S., it said.

A "strategic shock" could require the nation to use "military force against hostile groups inside the United States."

International Monetary Fund Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn has warned that advanced nations could face civil unrest during distressful economic times

more
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=83977

Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,533 times
Were you still planning on moving back to AK? Where did you live?

Old 12-23-2008, 01:50 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
All I know is...it's one heck of an exchange from US currency to Swedish crowns right now. 7.6 Kronar to 1 dollar. I'm lovin it!

Old 12-27-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
All I know is...it's one heck of an exchange from US currency to Swedish crowns right now. 7.6 Kronar to 1 dollar. I'm lovin it!

Enjoy while it lasts Brother cause were on our way to Critical Mass like a runaway freighttrain. Ever think of hedging?

Still cant determine Alakshaks extent of carnage compared to proper lower 48.

One thing Im happy about is the barge fuel costs to the villages and towns will be $4.00 a gallon or less this summer. Opens lots of doors tho temporary.

Hey! Happy New Year and celebrate well, round 2 of ' Fall of the Roman, I mean US Empire' as we speak. Aint no coming out of this one folks.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:44 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Enjoy while it lasts Brother cause were on our way to Critical Mass like a runaway freighttrain. Ever think of hedging?

Still cant determine Alakshaks extent of carnage compared to proper lower 48.

One thing Im happy about is the barge fuel costs to the villages and towns will be $4.00 a gallon or less this summer. Opens lots of doors tho temporary.

Hey! Happy New Year and celebrate well, round 2 of ' Fall of the Roman, I mean US Empire' as we speak. Aint no coming out of this one folks.
Well, I've been investing in ammunition for a while now. and, Yeah, "W" has really created one helluva mess, economically speaking, for all of us.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Were you still planning on moving back to AK? Where did you live?
Its still the plan Lyoness. I lived in Fairbanks, College, Tok, Dawson , and 70 miles out of Tanana .

Are you planning on going bushlife too?

Ive only been in love twice and if you include prime Alaska bush I was overwhelmed fullfilled , make it three.

Us humans are complex creations that have morphed into simple creatures and odd entities by TV , materialism, propaganda , belief systems run askew.

You take care and watch your top-knot .

In 100 hundred years will it matter that I burned dinner one night?

Old 12-27-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Well, I've been investing in ammunition for a while now. and, Yeah, "W" has really created one helluva mess, economically speaking, for all of us.
What calibers did you focus on?

I would say that OB is of the same stripe. It dosent look well. It hired the same crew from the W Cartel.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:52 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Its still the plan Lyoness. I lived in Fairbanks, College, Tok, Dawson , and 70 miles out of Tanana .

Are you planning on going bushlife too?

Ive only been in love twice and if you include prime Alaska bush I was overwhelmed fullfilled , make it three.

Us humans are complex creations that have morphed into simple creatures and odd entities by TV , materialism, propaganda , belief systems run askew.

You take care and watch your top-knot .

In 100 hundred years will it matter that I burned dinner one night?
It had always been my dream when I was younger. Now I'm just a little (ok, parts of me are screaming way) too old to be thinking I could feasibly do it alone. But my goal is to work my way into living as simply and peacefully as I can tolerate. I find that electricity and running water are not a luxury as I get older. And having to work full time make it pretty much impossible to be self sufficient, let alone live far from so-called civilization. I always said I was born in the wrong era
And watch yourn

Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 PM

I know that scream feeling too. Every time I go back I feel relieved and like a load is off my shoulders.

What do you do for work and how old are you if you dont mind me asking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska