Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 11:47 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times

Advertisements

Save the whales and shoot the seals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 11:55 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
There are no wild animals killed in my state of Florida. Even the alligator is protected and we as citizens are always aware of them! We do not shoot any wild animals in this state! Sometimes a bear has been seen. It is darted and moved elswhere away from the population!

People in Florida hunt, so I don't know how you can say that no wild animals are killed in your state.

The huge human population in your state is directly responsible for the deaths of a lot of wild animals; you've taken their habitat.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Alaskans are known to be huge hunters of any kind of animal just for the kill! Like Palin your leader! Most skin them and sell the skins for money. The new generation of people moving to alaska have no respect for the wild animals indiginous to there. You are the one that needs to be beamed up!
I don't know why I'm even bothering; you're obviously another "google expert" on the state of Alaska, which means you have no real knowledge of the place.

People in Alaska hunt to put food on the table.

Old 03-05-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
No weed here, your problem is the lack of sunshine in alaska. It affects the brain. Most people cannot deal with it. It affects them mentally. Just read it online! How can anyone think normal when they live most of their life in total darkness! And who would want too? Wierd! All these reply posts are an insult to my intelligence! Have fun, I am going to the beach now.

Maybe you can educate yourselves!
State Report AK 3: A Short Report on Alaska [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]
Just as I thought. If it says so on the 'net, it must be true to you.

You're the one who needs to educate youself. I've seen you make some good points on this forum (but unfortunately, not in this thread), and I'm guessing that you're a teenager, so I don't see the point in being too hard on you.

Whether you can accept it or not, human beings are omnivores. Much of AK doesn't have "supermarkets" et al and living off the land really is a large part of the reality there.

But your original point here was that we, as humans, have enroached on the territory of wild animals and that they were here first.

How in the hell can someone from the Florida cesspool even make that allegation? Do you realize at all what "you people" have done to the natural environment of that state?

Old 03-05-2009, 12:28 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times
Spread the love Met...

Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM

471 posts, read 1,327,708 times
there are thousands of gators harvested every year in florida

Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM

351 posts, read 686,170 times
Quote:
And you can see Russia from your back door! No, I do not eat any meat am a vegetarian. And no, I do not own any leather products. And no, my new sports car does not have leather seats! And no, I drink healthy, you can keep the kool aid. The animals in a slaughter house have no choice. The animals you guys shoot do not either. Sad! You are all just in their way. I also know baby seals are also clubbed in alaska too! Reread your post, it is very silly and immature!
And Cuba is 90 miles away from Florida - which has nothing to do with anything.

So YOU don't eat meat, then YOU would be the minority. YOU don't wear leather. Yet you say "you people" - including EVERYONE.
What gives. YOU must be special to be singled out from EVERYONE in Florida.

Then you bring on the issue of not enough light. Alaska is well balanced. Here in Barrow we recently ended the 24 hour night, but soon it will be 24 hour day. Partly due to the tremendous amount of sunlight, farming parts of Alaska have grown record sized produce, pumpkins and cabbage immediately come to mind.

Yes they do have fur, leather and trophy fishing in florida.
Endangered panthers are killed on Florida highways. Even an idiot wouldn't deny it. You and anyone can google to verify that. BTW why would anyone need a fur in Florida - fashion I guess. Animals raised for food are one thing but animals raised in captivity for fashion!!! VERY SAD! I guess the shoe (probably leather) is on the other foot now.

Tough, hard working, self-reliant, moral, realistic, work hard/play hard - good words to describe your typical Alaskan. Tell me what words would you use to describe a typical Floridian?

So what are you really saying - all I hear is how great YOU are. Ego in need of stroking there I guess.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:41 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
Quote:
And you can see Russia from your back door! No, I do not eat any meat am a vegetarian. And no, I do not own any leather products. And no, my new sports car does not have leather seats! And no, I drink healthy, you can keep the kool aid. The animals in a slaughter house have no choice. The animals you guys shoot do not either. Sad! You are all just in their way. I also know baby seals are also clubbed in alaska too! Reread your post, it is very silly and immature!
Do you own a belt? Do you eat jello? Wear any dress shoes?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:40 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,965 times
Quote:
One last thing....PETA does more damage than good. They are a bunch of nonsensical radicals! As most alaskans are! Glad to see you posted a pic of what you look like when you look in the mirror! Thanx for the pic!
oh good..."One last thing..." means the idiot it gone from a forum she had no business being on anyway!!!! stay in Florida and live is fantasy world..go to Disney and have what ever color sky in your world you want....Alaska being dark all the time!!! what a moron!!

Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
oh good..."One last thing..." means the idiot it gone from a forum she had no business being on anyway!!!! stay in Florida and live is fantasy world..go to Disney and have what ever color sky in your world you want....Alaska being dark all the time!!! what a moron!!
Grow up! I have more qualities and class than you could only dream of having! And I am a hell of alot more educated than you will ever be! I can post wherever I want to! You do not own this forum or thread! Now I know what the real alaskans are like! They are all morons and wackos! No wonder why alaskan men cannot find a woman and most are single! Have a good life in your igloo with your black sky, only dreaming of ever seeing Disney!
Grow up! Does not matter how you attack my post I will never come back to this alaska nonsensical forum. It is an insult to my intelligence!

Here are my first two posts, nothing nasty said to anyone. Just stating true facts! So do not tell me who the wacko is here. Go back and read all your posts attacking me here! Say la vie!

You people that choose to live in Alaska or any other open country state are invading the territory of wild animals....they were there first! Man is an animals worst enemy...how true! I do not think some of you people realize that! So for man who says there is an overpopulation of any wild animal in such a territory, not true. It is the overpopulation of man taking it over!

It is the population of people moving in taking over the bears territory. How can you people not see this? Plus they smell the food in your garbage cans that attract them! There is no bear problem, it is the people who make it one!

Last edited by Blondie621; 03-05-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska